Psychic song shuffle - game

This is simple- just go to your Ipod, windows media, etc. and keep shuffling. List the songs in the order they appear and see if any good matches appear.

(I think this is the right forum, but I’m not sure.)

How am I feeling today? “My Worst Fear.” Rascall Flatts. I’m not scared!

Will I get far in life? “Another Long One.” Shawn Colvin. So at least my life will be long?

**How do my friends see me? ** “You’re the Only One.” Keith Urban. Aww.

**Who will I marry? ** “Second Hand News.” Fleetwood Mac. Someone who has already married?

What is my best friend’s theme song? “Somebody More Like You.” Nickel Creek. It fits.

What is the story of my life? “Forgiven.” Alanis Morrissette. Ooh, good one! :cool:

**What is high school like? ** “The Storm.” Garth Brooks. It can be tempestuous.

How can I get ahead in life? “In Fields Where We Lay.” B*Witched. I’ll get ahead by relaxing? Sweet.

What is the best thing about me? “I’m Gonna Find Another You.” John Mayer. That’s really the best thing- that I broke up with him? :dubious:

**How is today going to be? ** “All in a Day.” Yes, today will happen… today. Profound.

**What is in store for this weekend? ** “Walking Man.” James Taylor. Hmm?

What song describes my parents? “We’ll Meet Again.” Vera Lynn, from the Dr. Strangelove soundtrack. Yeah, I bet I’ll see them once or twice. :rolleyes:

**What describes my grandparents? ** Social Disease. Elton John. Haha!

**How is my life going? ** “Good Vibrations.” The Beach Boys. Well, not really.

What song will they play at my funeral? “You Are The Sunshine of my Life.” Stevie Wonder. Adorable.

How does the world see me? “Two Way.” Eden’s Crush. So I’m two-faced? :o

Will I have a happy life? “Theme of Love.” Uematsu FF soundtrack. Hope so!

**Will I have children? ** “Back to You.” John Mayer. Not helpful.

What was my childhood like? “Stones in the Road.” Mary Chapin Carpenter. Wrong decade, but right sentiments.

**What is some good advice for me? ** “I’ll Say I’m Sorry Now.” Shawn Colvin.Applicable.

How will I be remembered? “Your Everything.” Keith Urban. Not too bad!

**What is my signature dancing song? ** “Everywhere I Turn.” Bryan White. It’s not very dance-able.

What is my current theme song? “It’s You.” Michelle Branch. I love this song.

What does everyone else think my theme is? “Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” Green Day. They think I’m emo?

**What song describes my mood right now? ** “Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear.” Elvis Presley. Not quite.

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “Pieces of You.” Jewel. Nope.

**Happy? ** “Genie in a Bottle.” Christina Aguilera. Like five years ago?

Scared? “The Last Resort.” The Eagles. Maybe.

Bored? "Maybe I Won’t Look Back.” Stacie Orrico. Love this song!

What type of girls/guys do I go for? “Out of the Woods.” Nickel Creek. Yeah, one was kind of hickish. :stuck_out_tongue:

What type goes for me? “The Difficult Kind.” Sheryl Crow. Maybe, but it’s a good kind of difficulty.

What should I be doing right now? “Foolish Games.” Jewel. So I should keep doing this? Yay.

How was your past? “Yesterday.” The Beatles. That works- yesterday is the past! :smiley:

**What is in store for the future? ** "This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody).” Shawn Colvin, cover version. I hope so.

Soooo… we’re supposed to see if a random shuffle brings up any songs that are a good match to the bolded questions? Or make up new questions?

The first, sorry. I meant answer the questions I posted (I didn’t write them, I found them somewhere).

Okay, what I did was refresh the “Party Mix” on iTunes and fit the results to the questions. (It took three goes to get enough songs.)

How am I feeling today? “Cancer of Everything,” Lisa Germano

Will I get far in life? “I Surrender,” David Sylvian

How do my friends see me? “The Traitor,” Leonard Cohen

Who will I marry? “A Nun Suit Painted on Some Old Boxes,” Frank Zappa

What is my best friend’s theme song? “I Know That You Know,” Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Rollins & Sonny Stitt

What is the story of my life? “Garden of Earthly Delights,” XTC

What is high school like? “Remembering,” John Abercrombie

How can I get ahead in life? “Put a Little Motor in 'em,” Frank Zappa

What is the best thing about me? “User-Friendly,” Ian Anderson

How is today going to be? “A Hard Day’s Night,” Beatles

What is in store for this weekend? “Freedom Jazz Dance,” Eddie Jefferson

What song describes my parents? “Let It Grow,” Grateful Dead

What describes my grandparents? “The Wife of the Soldier,” Steeleye Span (should be a sailor, actually)

How is my life going? “Let’s See Action,” The Who

What song will they play at my funeral? “A Day to Mourn,” Booker Ervin

How does the world see me? “The Card Cheat,” The Clash

Will I have a happy life? “Me and My Woman,” Roy Harper

Will I have children? “Baby Wants Kisses,” Annabouboula

What was my childhood like? “I Was in a Drum," Frank Zappa

What is some good advice for me? “To Love Somebody," Bee Gees

How will I be remembered? “Number Two,” Booker Ervin

What is my signature dancing song? “The Boys in the Band," Gentle Giant

What is my current theme song? “Talent Is an Asset," Sparks

What does everyone else think my theme is? “Everyone’s Victim,” Lisa Germano

What song describes my mood right now? “Big Barn Bed,” Paul McCartney & Wings

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “Give Peace a Chance,” John Lennon

Happy? “Four Nights Drunk,” Steeleye Span

Scared? “Stratosfear,” Tangerine Dream

Bored? “That’s Entertainment,” The Jam

What type of girls/guys do I go for? “Sweet Hitch-Hiker,” Creedence Clearwater Revival

What type goes for me? “Lady Bird," Dexter Gordon

What should I be doing right now? “Room Service," Frank Zappa

How was your past? “One Note Samba,” Antonio Carlos Jobim

What is in store for the future? “Day of the Eagle,” Robin Trower

How am I feeling today? “Apache Rose Peacock” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have no idea what this might mean.

Will I get far in life? “Winds of Change” by Steve Poltz. Fitting, I guess, since I start a new job next week.

**How do my friends see me? ** “Down in Texas” by the Allman Brothers. I haven’t been in Texas for five years, and every time I’ve been there, it’s been for work only - no friends involved.

**Who will I marry? ** “Just Like a Woman” by Bob Dylan. Well, that’s less than encouraging…

What is my best friend’s theme song? “Dock of the Bay” by Otis Redding. He could do worse, I suppose.

What is the story of my life? “Spring” by Rites of Spring. I don’t remember this song, and I’m a little afraid to play it right now.

**What is high school like? ** Johnny Sunshine by Liz Phair. It was released the year I graduated from high school.

How can I get ahead in life? “Time Tough” by Toots and the Maytalls. Well that sucks.

What is the best thing about me? “New Speedway Boogie” by the Grateful Dead. One way or another, this darkness got to give.

**How is today going to be? ** “Central Reservation” by Beth Orton.

**What is in store for this weekend? ** “Sheep Go To Heaven” by Cake. I’m probably more of a goat, if 'm completely honest, so this one worries me a little bit.

What song describes my parents? “Moonshiner” by Uncle Tupelo. Not my folks.

**What describes my grandparents? ** “Thumb” by Dinosaur Jr. Surprisingly fitting for this question.

**How is my life going? ** “Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)” by Jeffrey Foucault. I don’t know about that.

What song will they play at my funeral? “In My Neighborhood” by the Funky Meters. It’s awful upbeat for a funeral. Maybe they’ll combine the service with a dance.

How does the world see me? “Sweet and Low” by Fugazi. I’m 6’2" tall and not particularly sweet, but that’s a damn sight better than it could have turned out.

Will I have a happy life? “Can’t Get Started” by Dizzy Gillespie. I don’t like the implications of this one.

**Will I have children? ** “Fisherman’s Blues” by the Waterboys. I don’t think itunes understood the question.

What was my childhood like? “Smokers” by the Old 97’s. I guess “childhood” might be extended into my mid-20s. I still had the maturity of a child, so it seems reasonable to me.

**What is some good advice for me? ** “Marlboro Man” by the Toasters. I like the juxtaposition with “Smokers.”

How will I be remembered? “Red Headed Stranger” by Willie Nelson. So I’ll kill my wife, her lover, and a woman who tries to steal my horse and then ride away scot free. Memorable, certainly, but I’d have to say it’s unlikely.

**What is my signature dancing song? ** “Mas y Mas” by Los Lobos. I don’t dance, but it’s not really a dancing song.

What is my current theme song? “Track 23” of an ear training CD. Worst. Theme Song. Ever.

What does everyone else think my theme is? “Rearview Mirror Blues” by Roger Manning. Not a bad choice, actually.

**What song describes my mood right now? ** “…And Justice For All” by Metallica. Not by a long shot.

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “Overlap” by Ani DiFranco. Not really, but it’s fitting.

**Happy? ** “Theme and Variations” by the Violent Femmes.

Scared? “I Wanna Be With You Tonight” by Screeching Weasel.

Bored? An instrumental by Ray Charles and B.B. King that I don’t have a title for. Sure, why not?

What type of girls/guys do I go for? “Whenever God Shines his Light” by Van Morrison. There’s no need to rub it in. :smack:

What type goes for me? “Avenues” by Ryan Adams. Meh.

What should I be doing right now? “C’mon C’mon” by Sheryl Crowe. Dunno what it is I should be doing, but apparently it’s important that I do it.

How was your past? “Poor Boy (a Long Way From Home)” by R.L. Burnside. I live about 3000 miles from where I grew up, but I’m lucky enough to have never really been poor.

**What is in store for the future? ** “House of the Gods” by the Pogues.

I filled this out by “copy and paste” without really even reading the questions until it was all done. Then I went back and added comments. This was kinda fun and it let me hear songs I haven’t heard in a while. (“Copperhead Road” by Steve Earle is playing at the moment for instance.)

How am I feeling today? "Drowning on Dry Land - Manfred Mann’s Earth Band. well, okay

Will I get far in life? “Demons” - Gregg Allman. doesn’t sound promising

**How do my friends see me? ** “Crashing By Design” - Pete Townshend. Oh, I hope not

**Who will I marry? ** “Martha’s Madman” - Mannfred Mann. (again?) Umm, I hope not

What is my best friend’s theme song? “Too Much” - Dave Matthews Band. I wonder if he knows

What is the story of my life? "“Murder By Numbers” - Police. :frowning:

**What is high school like? ** “Postcard” - Widespread Panic. I don’t usually pay much attention to lyrics, so I have no idea if this fits or not

How can I get ahead in life? “Tunnel of Love” - Dire Straits. hmmm, possibilities

What is the best thing about me? “Pits O’ Thunder” - Zero. :eek:

**How is today going to be? ** “Look Ka Pypy” - Derek Trucks Band sounds good to me

**What is in store for this weekend? ** “Isn’t She Lovely” - Stevie Wonder. sounds good to me, part two

What song describes my parents? “Pig Jam (Op#2 in E Major)” - Steve Hunter. not really, no

**What describes my grandparents? ** “All The Love In The Universe” - Santana. oh yeah, but they wouldn’t have liked the song, I think. They would have appreciated the title, though

**How is my life going? ** “Chicago Institute” - Manfred Mann. (good lord! 4768 songs and I get three from Manfred Mann? and from the same album, no less!) note to self: look up “Chicago Institute”

What song will they play at my funeral? “Land’s End” - String Cheese Incident. “that just might work!”

How does the world see me? “Freedom Rider” - Traffic. it’s just hair, people. Yeah I have a lot of it. get over it

Will I have a happy life? “Nights In White Satin” - Moody Blues. but I don’t really like satin sheets

**Will I have children? ** “This Masquerade” - Leon Russell. this will come as a shock to my kids and grandkids

What was my childhood like? “Free Bird” - Lynyrd Skynyrd. :cool:

**What is some good advice for me? ** “Somewhere In Heaven” - Santana. does this mean I should start believing in heaven?

How will I be remembered? “Unbroken Chain” - Jazz Is Dead. an instrumental version??? well, maybe that makes sense after all

**What is my signature dancing song? ** “Satch Boogie” - Joe Satriani. as good as any, I suppose. I still don’t wanna dance

What is my current theme song? “In The Midnight Hour” - Wilson Pickett. I’m typing this at 4 a.m. so maybe so

What does everyone else think my theme is? “Bowing Bowing” - Jean-Luc Ponty. likely enough, if “everyone else” had ever heard it

**What song describes my mood right now? ** “It Ain’t Over Yet” - Allman Brothers. maybe that’s why I’m still up at 4 a.m.

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “Why I Sing The Blues” - B. B. King. :slight_smile:

**Happy? ** “Cities On Flame” - Blue Oyster Cult. :smiley:

Scared? “Pastures Of Plenty” - Bruce Hornsby. but really, really quietly

Bored? “East Wes” - Eric Johnson good choice

What type of girls/guys do I go for? “Solsbury Hill” - Peter Gabriel what’s that website? lyrics dot com? org?

What type goes for me? “Don’t Bother Me” - Gypsy. this explains sooo much

What should I be doing right now? “Blind Man In The Dark” - Gov’t Mule. :smiley:

How was your past? “One Of Us” - Joan Osborne. I have no idea how that relates

**What is in store for the future? ** “Heavy Tune” - Gong. :dubious:

How am I feeling today? “I’m Shakin” Roony. Nah. My chest’s congested, but I’m not
shaking. yet.

Will I get far in life? “Going To Town” The Afghan Whigs. Not too far, it seems.

How do my friends see me? “Tear You Apart” She Wants Revenge. I’m not that mean!

Who will I marry? “Subject A” The Killing Moon. A mental case, this doesn’t bode well.

What is my best friend’s theme song? “No One Will Ever Love You” the Magnetic Fields. Ouch

**What is the story of my life? ** “Steady as She Goes” the Raconteurs. This fits.

**What is high school like? ** “All They Ever Do Is Talk” Earlimart

How can I get ahead in life? “Barrel Of A Gun” Depeshe Mode. I guess slow and steady isn’t going to work out!

What is the best thing about me? “Kiss and Control” AFI. Ha. I Wish.

How is today going to be? “All Down Hill From Here” A New Found GLory. So the snow storm tonight is going to be bad as they predict?

What is in store for this weekend? “Fall With You” The Secret Reds. I have no idea what this could mean.

**What song describes my parents? ** “Devil Inside” INXS. Mom, maybe…

What describes my grandparents? “Self Medicate” 40 Below Summer. Well, grandma was a hypocondriac…

How is my life going? “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want” Muse. This fits like you wouldn’t believe.

What song will they play at my funeral? "Only In Photographs"Honor By August. I’m going to leave a really bitter man behind, I take it.

**How does the world see me? ** “Emergency’s About to End” Possum Dixon. I guess the rest of the world thinks I ought to get over things.

Will I have a happy life? “Just The Girl” CLick 5. Uh oh…

Will I have children? “On My Own” Granian. I take that as a no.

What was my childhood like? “Enjoy The Slience” Tori Amos. I suppose this fits considering I was fairly quiet until my early teens.

**What is some good advice for me? ** “Save It For Later” Splender

**How will I be remembered? ** “Sunnyroad” Emilana Torrini. Eerie pick…

What is my signature dancing song? “Played Out” the Urge. Good beat, but I’m not sure you could dance to it. This is the official tax day theme, though.

What is my current theme song? “Nobody Dances Anymore” Brandtson. Actually, this is a good pick if you go by the lyrics.

What does everyone else think my theme is? “Plunder” Bloodsimple. It’s my love of pirates, isn’t it.

**What song describes my mood right now? ** “Whatever I Fear” Toad The Wet Sprocket

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “She Shouldn’t Have” Yal Yumm. Um, no.

**Happy? ** “Stars and Bloulevards” Augustana. What the hell, why not? It could have been “Bullets” or “Boston” right?

**Scared? ** “Raining Next Door” Ringside. Okay…

Bored? “Again” Jeremiah Freed.

What type of guys do I go for? “You Wanted More” Tonic. If this is them singing to me, then this is regretfully accurate.

What type goes for me? “Victim” Eighteen Visions. So, what does this mean, I attract guys who think I’m broken?

What should I be doing right now? “Hum” The Sheila Devine. That’s not more productive!

**How was your past? ** “Art is Hard” Cursive. Sure, why not

**What is in store for the future? ** “Diamonds and Guns” The Transplants. I guess I’m getting ahead by violent means after all!

How am I feeling today? “With a Wonder and A Wild Desire” Flogging Molly :slight_smile:

Will I get far in life? “One” U2

How do my friends see me? “Heroes” David Bowie

Who will I marry? “I Feel For You” Chaka Kahn -I love my husband :slight_smile:

What is my best friend’s theme song? “Fly Away” Lenny Kravitz -she is sort of like that…

What is the story of my life? “The Likes of You Again” Flogging Molly

What is high school like? “English Fire” Bush -um nope

How can I get ahead in life? “Nobody But Me” Lou Rawls

What is the best thing about me? “Especially in Michigan” Red Hot Chili Peppers

How is today going to be? “Too Marvelous For Words” Billie Holiday -good but not that good

What is in store for this weekend? “Let Me Come On Home” Otis Redding -well I am already home…

What song describes my parents? “Damaged Goods” Fastball

What describes my grandparents? “Whatshername” Green Day - hardly

How is my life going? “Something Happend on the Way to Heaven” Phil Collins

What song will they play at my funeral? “I’ll Take You There” The Staple Singers

How does the world see me? “Factory Girl” The Rolling Stones

Will I have a happy life? “Norwegian Wood” The Beatles

Will I have children? “Twisted” Stevie Nicks

What was my childhood like? “The Thrill is Gone” BB King

What is some good advice for me? “Is There Anybody Out There?” Pink Floyd

How will I be remembered? “Smile Like You Mean It” The Killers

What is my signature dancing song? “Love- Building on Fire” Talking Heads

What is my current theme song? "“Fernando” Abba -who put Abba on my Zen?

What does everyone else think my theme is? “Feed Your Anger” Combichrist :eek:

What song describes my mood right now? “Borderline” Madonna -uh, no.

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “Down By The Sea” Men At Work -fitting

Happy? “Going Out Of My Head” Fatboy Slim

Scared? “Trust Me” Janis Joplin

Bored? “Disarm” Smashing Pumpkins

What type of girls/guys do I go for? “I can’t Help Myself” The Four Tops -it’s the milk shakes :slight_smile:

What type goes for me? “Pennyroyal Tea #1” Nirvana -it’s always the depressive ones

What should I be doing right now? “Smokin’” Ren & Stimpy, You Eediot! -heh

How was your past? “Bread and Butter” The Waitresses

What is in store for the future? “Wake Uo Time” Tom Petty

How am I feeling today? “Light, Yet Refreshing” - Snog. Sure.
Will I get far in life? “Maybe Someday” - Cure. Fits nicely.
How do my friends see me? “Infectious Human Waste” - Fight Club. Nobody loves me.
Who will I marry? “No Surprises” - Radiohead. Fits nicely, as I’ve been married 3 years and have known the girl since 1996.
**What is my best friend’s theme song? ** “HeadOn” Applies directly to the forehead.
What is the story of my life? “Sunlight” - Natalie Imbruglia. Sure.
What is high school like? “Rebel without a Clue” Tom Petty. Haha. Yeah, pretty much.
How can I get ahead in life? “Я Твой Враг” - Tату. Writing love/hate songs in Russian, apparently.
**What is the best thing about me? ** “Ornithophobia” - Laura Imbruglia. “My shell makes a crunchy noise.”
**How is today going to be? ** “Paint it Black” - Rolling Stones. This does not bode well.
What is in store for this weekend? “Bizarre Love Triangle” - New Order. Sweet!
What song describes my parents? “…And We Thought That Nation-States Were A Bad Idea” - Propagandhi. Sure. Actually probably closer than I’d care to admit.
What describes my grandparents? “Tunak Tunak Tun” - Daler Mehndi. Not so much, no.
How is my life going? “Running Down a Dream” - Tom Petty. Not too shabby.
What song will they play at my funeral? “Weird Science” - Oingo Boingo. Tol’ you I’m gonna live f’rever.
How does the world see me? “Mr Blue Sky” - Electric Light Orchestra. Sure.
Will I have a happy life? “Life is a Highway” - Tom Cochrane. I guess that’s mostly a yes?
Will I have children? “Poor Jack” - Nightmare Before Christmas. “I never intended all this madness.”
What was my childhood like? “Alive Alone” - Chemical Brothers. Sure.
**What is some good advice for me? ** “Six million ways to die. Choose one.”
How will I be remembered? “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” - Tears for Fears. Sure.
What is my signature dancing song? “(Can’t You) Trip Like I Do” - Filter and the Crystal Method. Uh… yeah… I guess it fits, actually.
What is my current theme song? “Corporate Slave” - Snog. Creepy!
What does everyone else think my theme is? “Sock It To Me” - Missy Elliot. Everyone else must not know me very well, then.
What song describes my mood right now? “Sometimes” - Natalie Imbruglia. The lyrics fit the question well enough.
What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “Punk Rock Girl” - Dead Milkmen. Sure.
Happy? “You Got Lucky” - Tom Petty. ?
Scared? “Return to Innocence” - Enigma. Sure.
**Bored? ** “Eple” - Royksopp. ?
**What type of girls/guys do I go for? ** “Dissolved Girl” - Massive Attack. Ew.
What type goes for me? “Smooth Criminal” - Alien Ant Farm. Guess that could explain a few things.
**What should I be doing right now? ** “Analog Bubblebath” - Aphex Twin Sais que?
**How was your past? ** “Life is Sweet” - Chemical Brothers. Sure.
**What is in store for the future? ** “Only This Moment” - Royksopp. Meh. Lyrics kinda fit the question.

How am I feeling today? “Leader of the Laundromat” - The Detergents –Well, I was supposed to do the laundry today.
Will I get far in life? “I’m So Glad I Was Dreaming” – Paul Overstreet – Er, I guess not.**
How do my friends see me?** “Takin’ Back My Heart” - Cher
Who will I marry? “Ride” – Trace Adkins – Um, I guess I won’t be getting married, then?
What is my best friend’s theme song? “Strawberry Wine” – Deana Carter – Nope, not even close
What is the story of my life? “Some Day My Prince Will Come” – Tanya Tucker – I guess I have a long wait ahead of me
What is high school like? “She” – Emmylou Harris – Ok, this is scarily accurate
How can I get ahead in life? "I’d Say That’s Right” – Clay Walker – Ok, now iTunes is just fucking with me
**What is the best thing about me? **“Sara” – Fleetwood Mac - Who is Sara? I don’t even know any Saras right now.
**How is today going to be? **“White Lightnin’” – George Jones
What is in store for this weekend? “Letter To Mom” – Iris Dement – I don’t think so
What song describes my parents? "Sweet Old World” – Lucinda Williams – ok, this works
What describes my grandparents? "Going Back To Harlan” – Emmylou Harris – this fits, too
How is my life going? “Take Me Back To Tulsa” – Asleep at the Wheel – :confused:
What song will they play at my funeral? “Heart Full of Rain” – Collin Raye – Fine with me
How does the world see me? “If I Were Brave” – Shawn Colvin – Ok, that’s scary
Will I have a happy life? “No Way To Treat A Lady” – Bonnie Tyler – I guess that’s a no
Will I have children? “Wild For You Baby” – Tricia Yearwood
What was my childhood like? “Polka Power” – Weird Al Yankovic
**What is some good advice for me? **“The Wall” – Johnny Cash – That’s *really *depressing
How will I be remembered? “Social Disease” –Bon Jovi – I don’t wanna play this game anymore
What is my signature dancing song? “Ace In The Hole” – George Stait - ok
What is my current theme song? “The Couple On The Street” – Jill Sobule – nope (hey, we going by the title or the song lyrics? Either way, this song doesn’t fit.)
What does everyone else think my theme is? “Lonely Summer Nights” – Stray Cats – I’m telling you, iTunes does not like me tonight
What song describes my mood right now? “Wild As The Wind” – Garth Brooks
What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “If Hollywood Don’t Need You” – Don Williams – close enough
Happy? “Country Club” – Travis Tritt
**Scared? **“Lay The Heartache Down” – Pam Tillis
Bored? “Blue Eyes Blue” – Eric Clapton
What type of girls/guys do I go for? “True” – George Strait – Aw, man, mushy stuff!
What type goes for me? “In The Name of Love” – Mary Chapin Carpenter – More mushy stuff!
What should I be doing right now? “I’ve Got This Friend” – Faith Hill – Whose friend should I be doing, now?
How was your past? “One Night A Day” – Garth Brooks – close enough
What is in store for the future? “Falling Like Rain” – Tina Turner

Just happened to find this thread while playing a shuffle with only songs by Dark Tranquillity:
How am I feeling today? “Nothing To No One” - rather insignificant, I guess…

Will I get far in life? “Fabric” - that’s awfully cryptic

How do my friends see me? “Auctioned” - I’m guess I don’t come cheap…or do I?

Who will I marry? “Hours Passed in Exile” - that doesn’t sound too promising

What is my best friend’s theme song? “Tongues” - ew

What is the story of my life? “The Same” - yep

What is high school like? “My Friend of Misery” - nail on the head there

How can I get ahead in life? “Feast of Burden” - bah, always with the hard work, why not just win the lottery?

What is the best thing about me? “The Treason Wall” - that doesn’t make sense, or a really low blow, I’m not sure which

How is today going to be? “The Lesser Faith” - I guess yesterday was better

What is in store for this weekend? “Am I 1?” - no, I’m twee

What song describes my parents? “The One Brooding Warning” - that makes no sense

What describes my grandparents? “Freecard” - nor this either

How is my life going? “Undo Control” - I guess you could say that

What song will they play at my funeral? “Ego Drama” - hey!

How does the world see me? “Shadowlit Facade” - you know, that just might make sense…

Will I have a happy life? “Final Resistance” - Q: What time is it? A: Castro must be overthrown!!

Will I have children? “The Wonders At Your Feet” - how cute

What was my childhood like? “White Noise / Black Silence” - it wasn’t that bad!

What is some good advice for me? “My Negation” - OK, now that’s just mean

How will I be remembered? “Archetype” - really?

What is my signature dancing song? “Sacred Reich” - I don’t dance, I mosh

What is my current theme song? “Punish My Heaven” - not sure what to make of that

What does everyone else think my theme is? “Not Built To Last” - there you go being mean again!

What song describes my mood right now? “One Thought” - and that thought is huh?

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “The Endless Feed” - well, it’s what I’m listening to right now…

Happy? “On Your Time” - I have nothing to say about this

Scared? “Day To End” - ooh, scary

Bored? “Razorfever” - well, it’s what I’m listening to right now…

What type of girls/guys do I go for? “Scythe, Rage and Roses” - apparently I like psychotic women

What type goes for me? “Constant” - constantly psychotic?

What should I be doing right now? “Dreamlore Degenerate” - but it’s not bedtime yet!

How was your past? “Through Smudged Lenses” - that isn’t very clear

What is in store for the future? “Exposure” - I’m gonna be a star!

Warning: I have a somewhat… eclectic taste in music.
How am I feeling today? Secret Agent Man, Johnny Rivers. “There’s a Kythereia who leads a life of danger… to everyone she meets, she stays a stranger…” ♫ :stuck_out_tongue:

Will I get far in life? Circle of Friends, Better than Ezra. So… maybe? Kind of?

How do my friends see me? If I Ruled The World, Nas feat. Lauryn Hill. Awwww.

Who will I marry? Pawning the Gold, from the original The Italian Job (2006) score by John Powell. Does this mean I’ll end up with someone like Edward Norton’s character? :dubious:

What is my best friend’s theme song? Promises, india.arie. This one’s good.

What is the story of my life? Edge of the Ocean, Ivy. I think I like that answer.

What is high school like? Red Hot Mama, Funkadelic. This is actually scarily accurate.

How can I get ahead in life?* Lucky You*, Lostprophets. So… be lucky?

What is the best thing about me? The theme song from Ghostbusters. I’m not touching this one. :smiley:

How is today going to be? Decade and One, Vienna Teng. Bzzzt.

What is in store for this weekend? Dr. Evil, They Might Be Giants. Brilliant! evil manic grin

What song describes my parents? Filter Attempt, from the original Finding Nemo score by Thomas Newman. Sure, sort of.

What describes my grandparents? Stabat mater dolorosa, from Giovanni Pergolesi’s Stabat mater. Christ, I hope not. :frowning:

How is my life going? Apocalypse Please, Muse. I don’t want it to be but I think it is, right now.

What song will they play at my funeral? The Prophecy, from the original Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring score by Howard Shore. No way–I want songs like “The Lumberjack Song” and “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”.

How does the world see me? Spidey Suite, by Danny Elfman, from the Spiderman 2 soundtrack. So I’m Spiderman? Awesome!

Will I have a happy life? Treebeard, from the original Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers score by Howard Shore. Okay. Treebeard’s a mellow, laidback, cool guy who can kick arse when he needs to.

Will I have children? We Are, Ana. But… this song is all about rebellion and fighting back. Will I rebel by having kids? Not having kids? This makes no sense.

What was my childhood like? One Jump Ahead, from the Aladdin soundtrack. Nailed it!

What is some good advice for me? Hey Ya, Outkast. Uh, sure… :confused:

How will I be remembered? Island in the Sun, Weezer. That’s a nice thought.

What is my signature dancing song? Alright, The Lucy Nation. Definitely not.

What is my current theme song? The Lady of Shallott, Loreena McKennit. I think that works.

What does everyone else think my theme is? Somewhere, from the West Side Story soundtrack. I think that also works.

What song describes my mood right now? Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles. Eh, sorta kinda.

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? You Belong to Me, Jason Wade. It’s a okay depressed song, but I either don’t listen to music or listen to really happy bouncy stuff–They Might Be Giants, the 5.6.7.8.s, The Ditty Bops–to cheer myself up.

Happy? Slaves to Rome, from the original Gladiator score by Hans Zimmer. Yeah, not so much.

Scared? No Day But Today, from the Rent soundtrack. No, but I should.

Bored? Feelin’ Hypnotized (Remix), DJ Colette. Definitely, it’s a fun song. :slight_smile:

What type of girls/guys do I go for? Hallelujah, Rufus Wainwright. Sensitive broody artistic guys? I can go with that.

What type goes for me? Pod Suite, from the original X-Files: Fight the Future score by Mark Snow. Does this mean Mulder’s type goes for me? baffled

What should I be doing right now? Sunday Mornings, Maroon 5. Dead on–and it’s a Sunday morning. :smiley:

How was your past? Under the Stars, from the original Lion King (Disney) score. Yes, I was chased from my dead father’s side by my evil uncle into the wilderness, where I grew up with a couple of fast-talking animals before finally discovering, with the help of a baboon, what my destiny was. :dubious:

What is in store for the future? The Animal Song, Savage Garden. I can live with that.

This was quite fun…

How am I feeling today? “Sweetness Follows” - REM - Quite fitting for the lovely Saturday I’ve had.

Will I get far in life? “The Walking (And Constantly)” - Jane Siberry - Sounds fine to me. I’m more of a slow and steady stroller than a rat-race sprinter.

How do my friends see me? “Prodigal Son” - Steel Pulse - Ha…very nice. I’m a short-haired dyke who wears “men’s” clothes and is called “Sir” about once a week, and I just moved back to my home state of California where most of my close friends live.

Who will I marry? “Open Hearts and Doors” - Antigone Rising - The future Mrs. WeHaveCookies just stepped out our front door for a smoke. That’s the best I can do with this one.

What is my best friend’s theme song? “One for Senegal” - Pleb - She does very much want to take a long trip to Africa someday, and this would certainly qualify and an up-beat travel anthem.

What is the story of my life? “Waltz” - Mary Chapin Carpenter - Not much of a title to go on, but the lyrics are pretty spot-on. And I happen to be quite the dancer.

**What is high school like? **“Harrisburg” - Josh Ritter - Never been there, but if it is a small backwards dairy town, then this one is quite accurate.

**How can I get ahead in life? **“The Scarlet Tide” - Alison Krauss - Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me! ARRRRRR

What is the best thing about me? “Leave the Boy Alone” - Left Hand Smoke - I do indeed happen to follow this exact philosophy when it comes to matters of horniness or the heart.

**How is today going to be? **“You and Me” - One Life Lost - Another accurate one. The Mrs. and I will spend today (Sunday, it is 12:20am here) doing taxes, riding bikes, and relaxing at home.

What is in store for this weekend? “Am I Beautiful?” - John Williams - Apparently some self-esteem issues are in store…

What song describes my parents? “Opus in Drop D” - (An mp3 of my cousin playing a guitar composition of his) - I’m quite comfortable being the offspring of an Opus. :slight_smile: Fitting that a family member’s song came up.

What describes my grandparents? “The Gift” - Annie Lennox - Awwwwww!

How is my life going? “Mimi Speaks” Jane Siberry - Well…they can’t all be winners.

What song will they play at my funeral? “Mountain Walk East” - Nomad - A nice somber instrumental. I approve.

How does the world see me? “Ooh (She’s My Baby)” - The BoDeans - I’ve always had a hunch that the world loved me.

Will I have a happy life? “Echoes of a Lost City” - Yo-Yo Ma - I don’t know what to say about that one. The song is only 1:16 long, which isn’t a good sign…

Will I have children? “Halfworld” - Splashdown - I am quite ambivalent about the topic, and this lyric from the song sums that up : “Is Nightshade a fruit or a poison?”

What was my childhood like? “Excursions” - A Tribe Called Quest - I was quite the little explorer.

What is some good advice for me? “Down The Road” - Left Hand Smoke - I’m with ya…keep on keepin’ on.

**How will I be remembered? ** “The Fox” - Nickel Creek - Oh yeah…I’m sly like one.

What is my signature dancing song? “Noorie” - Bally Sagoo - I suppose I could sway to it if I were drunk enough.

What is my current theme song? “JIVA” - Leon Willett - I’m oddly fine with having a score from a video game as my theme song.

What does everyone else think my theme is? “This is Where” - The Wailin’ Jennys - To each their own.

What song describes my mood right now? “I Love The Life I Live” - Buddy Guy - Oh yeah baby.

What song do I listen to when I’m depressed? “Salzburg Symphony No.3” - Amadeus Mozart - A nice chipper little diddy.

Happy? “Tiger” - Paula Cole - A bit of a downer, but it has a good beat.

**Scared? **“Something So Right” - Annie Lennox - Annie always cures what ails ya.

Bored? “Lonesome Josephine” - Left Hand Smoke - A toe-tappin’ groove is always a good cure for boredom.

What type of girls/guys do I go for? “All In A Day” - The Corrs - I may have been a little “equal opportunity” in my younger years, but I’m a good girl now.

What type goes for me? “Take Her In Your Arms” - Andy M. Stewart & Manus Lunny - I suppose the Irish/Celtic kind?

What should I be doing right now? “A Different Point of View” - Pet Shop Boys - Always a good idea to walk in someone else’s shoes.

How was your past? “The Reed Song” - The Illumination Band - Hindsight through the eyes of Rumi…I can dig it.

What is in store for the future? - “Dreaming My Dreams With You” - Cowboy Junkies - I can’t think of a better way to spend my life than dreaming with my baby.