Pull-up bars

Is there another name for these? Or are they just ‘pull-up bars’? (The injuries thread reminded me. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’ve never heard them called anything else.

Chin up bars? Uneven parallel bars? Weakling finders?

They’re not using the Achilles method and they’re not using the tender stretch method, so I’m assuming they’re using the chin up method, and if so, then calling them pull-up bars or chin-up bars or underfunded monkey bars would be correct.

Could they be called horizontal bars (as in gymnastic horizontal bars), or would that give kids ideas about flinging themselves off them for their dismounts and sticking their landings on their heads?

According to Gary Larson, this really happened to him.