Pure Leaf iced tea shortage?

Has anyone in other parts of the country noticed a shortage of Pure Leaf iced tea in convenience stores? I have noticed the empty shelves in 7-11, QuickChek and Wawa which are pretty much all of the convenience store around here. None of the workers seem to know why.

I’ve cut out pretty much all carbonated drinks. I don’t like sweet tea. Pure Leaf is the one that tastes like iced tea I would make at home.

I bought an iced tea maker from some company on Amazon. It’s very similar to the original Mr Coffee iced tea maker I had decades ago. It makes the best iced tea, plus I can use whichever bags (or loose) tea I feel like. When the last glass gets poured, I make another pitcher.

In my area of the world, Pure Leaf seems to be available. However, my personal go-to, Gold Leaf Diet, seems to only rarely be available. I wipe out the stock when I can find it.

There seemed to have been a shortage of unsweet Pure Leaf around me for awhile. There was plenty of sweet tea around though. I can’t drink the sweet any more as it’s too sweet for me so I will get unsweet and and add a bit of sugar. They all seem to be back now.

Texas location I have been buying the large size like orange juice comes in at the neighborhood Dollar General store.
The slightly smaller size but still larger than the convenience store personaI
size.I purchase at HEB or Walmart.
I agree it tastes like my home brewed tea.

When I’m at work I drive for 11 hours a day. Being able to make tea at home isn’t really relevant. I buy it mostly while I’m out driving and want a cold one straight out of the refrigerator.

Yes for some reason it appears to be just the ones in convenience stores that are affected. I can find the larger bottles in supermarkets. I wouldn’t find it that remarkable except the shortage is in three different unrelated chains.

Gotcha!

I noticed this. I’m currently on a road trip and want something with caffeine but no sugar to go in the cooler. I could not find any 4 or 6 packs at grocery stores. A few single bottles are available in convenience stores in Texas, at least the few I’ve made pitstops at. Lots of empty slots in the refrigerator at the stores, though.

Oddly, the sugared stuff is available everywhere. Cases and 6 packs at the grocery stores in Colorado, and lots of sugar flavors at convenience stores in Texas.

I have found it’s back in a couple of stores including my favorite, unsweetened with lemon. One bad development; it’s now $2 each

Yes ! I’m from Mount pleasant Pa and we are having a pure leaf extra sweet tea drought. ! And I can’t even find them on Amazon anymore for less than $60 for a 12 pack ! What is happening and why are they doing this fuckery ! All I drink is pure leaf extra sweet tea so if they stop making it I’ll dehydrate and die so it’s on you Pepsi co.

Maybe THAT’S why there appears to be a shortage LOL.

Go to Helltown!! That’s where I’d be if I lived in Mt Pleasant.

I had been buying it at my local Kroger in metro ATL. Several weeks ago the spot on the shelf was empty, and it stayed that way. Now, those spots have been filled with other brands. Phooey. This and the Citrucel shortage are really starting to irk me.

One odd thing is there have been a lot of Pure Leaf commercials on tv so it’s not like it’s going away.

Could it be because there is a shortage, for some reason, of the bottles? (That happened with some kinds of bottled soda during the pandemic, I was told there weren’t enough plastic bottles or cans available for the lesser-selling brands.)

It’s possible although there didn’t seem to a problem during the worst part of the pandemic. I never had trouble getting it then. It is a Pepsi product so one would think they have a reliable supply chain.

I’m about 100 feet from a Pepsi bottling plant as I type this. Maybe I should barge in there and demand answers.

It’s about as reliable as you can get in our globalized world, but there have been severe global supply chain disruptions across multiple industries over the last year and half.

If you can only get 80% of you normal monthly shipment of whatever input (sweetener, cans, bottles, boxes, whatever), you have to decide, do I reduce production across all my product lines that use that input by 20%, or do I prioritize my most popular lines and reduce my production and distribution of less popular lines by more than 20%?

There’s also the triple-whammy that more goods are being ordered for delivery, demands for certain items have at times had ridiculous spikes, and Covid restrictions have at times reduced physical shipping capacity, at the global, regional, and local levels.

I’ve personally seen local shortages of Gold Peak Diet tea, Cherry Coke Zero, and Diet Dr. Pepper, my three favorite soft drinks.

Was at Target yesterday and they had all flavors of PureLeaf. Single bottles and 6-packs. Black unsweetened, green, sweetened, raspberry, etc.

I buy cases of it at Sam’s Club every couple of weeks for our department kitchen. Never had trouble with that being out of stock. Now Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Mountain Dew? Lots of out-of-stock issues over the last year but it has gotten better.