Queer as Folk 5/16 (and perhaps beyond); SPOILERS

No one revived the uber-thread? Ah well, we can work with this one.

Kind of a blah ep for me. Perhaps the first time in the history of the show that the TV rating explanation didn’t include N and SC?

I recently watched the first three seasons in fairly short order and I was wondering if Chris Hobbs was going to be re-visited as part of Justin’s vigilantism. Of all the dumb things I could’ve flashed on during the revenge scene, what popped into my head was A Night in Heaven, a horribly cheesy Chris Atkins vehicle with a similar gunpoint scene. Now I supposed Justin has it all out of his system and is ready to move on. Odd that Brian seemed, I don’t know, impotent in dealing with it.

I liked Daphne’s hair. Do she and Justin live together? When did that happen?

They needed to telegraph Emmett’s and Debbie’s moving in together more. It wasn’t quite obvious enough that they’ll be roomies in the next ep or two. The subtlety of their scenes together were probably too confusing to the average viewer, luckily nothing gets by me.

They could’ve been a little more obvious with the whole Serenity Prayer as theme thing too. My mom has a sampler she cross-stiched of the SP; if the producers had called I’m sure she would’ve lent it to them so Ted could literally have beaten Mel over the head with it.

I wonder if Ben’s going to apologize for that “Justice League not Ivy League” crack, considering his previous “all art is equally valid” rap from earlier in the series (not to mention earlier in the ep).

And what do we think next week’s big revelation is going to be? I’d have to look at the previews again but I think all of our main players appeared. Debbie seemed hardest-hit. Maybe Vic is going to get sick again? Maybe Rodney dies? Someone else diagnosed with HIV or AIDS? Mel loses the baby? Speaking of which, what the hell? She went from not showing to looking kind of huge in a week. Any other guesses on next week’s events (and if you know, please put it in spoiler boxes if you feel compelled to post it)?

I caved and went to a spoiler site…

Vic dies of a heart attack brought on by heightened cholesterol, caused by his HIV meds. He and Debbie had a fight, she stormed out, yelling “fuck you”, and later sent Michael over to Vic’s new place with Vic’s cooking equipment, to get it out of the house. Michael discovers Vic in his armchair, dead.

And I agree, Ben’s reaction to Michael’s critique was WAY out of line. I half expected Michael to storm off the dance floor when Ben came out with the “Justice League, not Ivy League” crap.

I will not read the spoiler I will not read the spoiler I will not read the spoiler I will not read the spoiler I will not read the spoiler I will not read the spoiler I will not read the spoiler…

Don’t read the spoilerDon’t read the spoilerDon’t read the spoilerDon’t read the spoilerDon’t read the spoilerDon’t read the spoilerDon’t read the spoilerDon’t read the spoiler!

Because I don’t want you to hate me for posting it if you do.

Daphne and Justin lived together in the third season.

I phrased that badly. I know Justin and Daphne were living together for a while after he and Ethan split up, but I thought Justin moved back in with Brian after they got back together. I guess I was wondering about the why as opposed to the when that they’d still be roommates.

I wish I hadn’t read the spoiler, I wish I hadn’t read the spoiler, I wish I hadn’t read the spoiler, I wish I hadn’t read the spoiler…

I REALLY wish I hadn’t read it.

I read the spoiler. I’m not terribly surprised by it, either.

What I don’t understand, though, is if they kill off the entire main cast in a freak tornado, what will they do for the rest of the season? :wink:

Well, duh! That’s why they introduced Cody. They’re going to rename it “Queer as Fuckin’ Crazy Folk”…

Cody, cute but psychotic. Woe is the world.

Sounds like half the guys I’ve dated…

Only half?

Well, I do have some standards!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY did I read the SPOILER???

kicks self

I tried to warn you, but probably too late after you, and I, greedily opened the spoiler box to see what was inside.

I will think twice before ever looking in a spoiler box again.

I am sorry I posted it, folks. If it’s any consolation, I thought the exact same thing after I read the spoiler synopsis on the other site…

jayjay, nobody is blaming you. Not your fault we are instant (self) gratification junkies…you put it in a spoiler box. 'Bout time we learned our lesson about opening spoiler boxes without thinking, and this one did it for me.

I’m blaming him.

Foul Temptress!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not responsible for your moral weakness. :wink: