Question about Temporary_Name suspension

The thread in question:

First, @Aspenglow was posting as a poster, not a moderator. Second, @Aspenglow’s comment about “magical thinking on a ridiculous scale” is arguably (and I didn’t have to argue very hard with myself) insulting to @Temporary_Name. That sort of comment seems to me very much like other such comments by ordinary posters that have been called insults. Third, saying “I find the comment inappropriate and offensive” and “I do not think that such an insulting comment should be made, especially by someone in a position of authority” do not seem to me to be attacking the poster any more than @Aspenglow 's original comment. If one is worthy of censure, so is the other, moderator status notwithstanding.

Perhaps I have fixed on the wrong comments by @Temporary_Name; if so, please point me to the correct ones. I am asking for an explanation that is understandable to a reasonably intelligent (if I say so myself) poster with some experience on this board. That is why I have asked to be walked through it, because I truly do not understand it, and as it stands now it seems to me misguided and inappropriate.

I hold no particular brief for @Temporary_Name as a poster, and I disagree with his position in that thread, but those are not the issues here. I’m looking for basic fairness and equal treatment.