Question for Fans of The Sopranos [possible spoilers]

“Meow.”

Trivia challenge: Who or what was “Cosette”?

Too easy. The dog Christopher sat on, of course. Resulting in the best drug intervention scene in the history of television.

Even the follow-up scene was great.

“If it were anybody else, anybody… they would’ve had their intervention right through the back of their head.”

Ke-rect! You really know the show! :+1:

Adriana and the tear-sodden, crumpled up paper she read to him off of: “Christophuh: From the moment I met you…” The long fingernails tearing the wet paper, all such perfect exposition for her character, poor thing. I’m obsessed with that show, man.

Thanks, I did not know that!

Just as good liars and deceivers too.

Silvio’s “Disgusting” is still something I quote to this day randomly.

Silvio had some of the funniest one-liners in the series, but delivered so low-key as to be almost thrown away. The one that I always think of whenever someone is being pedantic comes from the minor story line of Vito’s son becoming a delinquent goth kid.

Silvio: Carlo said the kid went into the litter box and ate some… cat shit?

Tony: No, he took a shit. In the shower.

Silvio: Glad we got that straight.

It only happened a few times but Silvio’s bad memory is also extremely funny “Quicky G, yeah he came into the Bing a few times… Or was it Fast Fatty?” and “Yeah they found him dead on the toilet like that one Hollywood guy, Don Something, producer of the Simpsons”

The intervention had a line of dialogue that unfortunately proved chillingly prescient. When Christopher is getting defensive with everybody, he spits at Tony “The way you eat, you’re gonna have a heart attack by the time you’re 50!” In real life, he was only off by a couple of years.

I was watching a retro (early 2000s) episode of Hollywood Squares this afternoon when Jeffrey Tambor was asked to name the most “family unfriendly” American TV series, according to one consumer watch group. Both he and I guessed The Sopranos—incorrectly, as it turned out.

Can you guess which show was named most “family unfriendly” in 2002–2003?

I don’t think there was a scene where that happens.

Look, let me tell you something, dude. Thank you, but he’s recorded in Denmark.

Keep in mind that I watched the series for the first time on Russian TV starting in 2003, and the second time in Canada in 2008–09, where all the profanity was taken out. I’m now watching it on CTV2 apparently the way it was originally presented, so I’m not surprised I remember things that differ (regardless of my age).

* Buffy the Vampire Slayer.*

This family would disagree…

Oh man that is a TERRIBLE answer, my first two guesses were South Park and Sex and the City which were probably at their peak around that time. Also The Man Show is also something currently airing around that time too.

Even if you were limiting it to network TV shows this was still during the time of edgy sitcoms too.

I must admit I’ve never seen an episode of Buffy . Please enlighten me as to what it was that could have made it so “family unfriendly”?