Quick, what's your current earworm?

Well, thanks to you (in another thread) it’s Radar Love.

Heh. We heard that song a lot when our boys were growing up. We even once took a family trip to Toronto to, among other things, see Raffi in concert.

This is my favorite song of his, though - very catchy, and a good message:

And then I unpacked … my adjectives.

(Unpack Your Adjectives! - YouTube)

And just like that:

:musical_note: A noun is a person, place or thing. :notes:

Thanks loads, Briny! :wink:

This little ditty below I hear all the time on ig, usually lip synced by young woman with their written narration of why they’re singing it.

I could be brown
I could be blue I could be violet sky i could be hurtful I could be purple I could be anything you like.

I categorically cannot stop listening to this. It was a somewhat trashy pop song that two lads in Bosnia did a version of in a traditional Serbian folk style (are you following this?) which then got souped up again by a South African DJ. Result is mesmerising, at least to me.

@Spice_Weasel

Yes, us too. Including seeing Raffi live (I’ve been to worse concerts).

You may not know that Raffi updated the song for its 40th anniversary with a new verse, performed with Yo-Yo Ma:

Baby Beluga 40th anniversary version

mmm

Up Around the Bend by Creedence Clearwater Revival

So much optimistic energy. If circumstances allow, I’ll be listening to this the next time I start some new adventure. Because life is all about the next bend in the road.

I didn’t know that - thanks! I’ll share it with my wife and now-grown boys.

Theme from SWAT.

“Uncle John’s Band”. Why?! I’m not a Deadhead and I haven’t heard that song on the radio in ages.

I rolled on
The sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
There’s something good
Waitin’ down this road
I’m pickin’ up whatever’s mine

“Runnin’ Down A Dream” - Tom Petty

Ugh. This . Afternoon grooves.

The full scene isn’t available in high-quality on YouTube yet, but “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from Disney’s newest animated film, Encanto, is taking up a lot of real-estate in my brain right now. Here’s the lyric video, anyway.

this bit …

So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear ones
The old and the young

A very Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year
Let’s hope it’s a good one
Without any fear

Violet Orlandi and the Melodicka Bros cover of Somebody That I Used to Know

For days I’ve had some Bowie rattling around - one of those tiny snippets that you can’t get out of your mind AND you can’t place. Tracked it down this evening - Quicksand, from Hunky Dory, specifically the snippet you can hear at, say, 2.22 - 2.30

It occurs to me that more than half of Hunky Dory has been an ear worm of mine at some time or other. Those are the ones you don’t mind.

j

ETA - this was probably a result of listening to the album on (I think) 12 Dec. So it had a longer incubation period than Covid.

With all this talk of the Beatles’ Get Back documentary, I’m stuck on Get Up And Go by the Rutles.

This one is catchy as Covid. I heard it a couple days ago and it has been living with me since.

The cymbal crashes are a delight. And check out the audience clapping on 1 and 3 at 1:03.

mmm