Quien es mas macho?

Our American culture is certainly the most violent the world has ever known, and one of our great apostles of ultra violence is Cormac McCarthy. Could Anton Chigurh whup Judge Holden? Or would they just bore each other to death with their inane philosophizing (at least they’re not as long winded as Ayn Raynd)?

Ricardo Montalban…obviamente

(Laurie Anderson) …Light Bulb?

(/LA)

No, es falso. Fernando Lamas es un poquito mas macho.

No! Lo siento. School bus es mas macho que light bulb.

Other correct answers:Lloyd Bridges (over David Janssen and Jack Lord) and pineapple (knife).Cites available on request.

and this is how

you can be walking

and falling

at the same

time

What’s that word? Oh damn, it’s right on the tip of my tongue! Pish? no…Tosh? no no not at all…hmmm oh i know, is it whoosh?

No, pero él pareció fabuloso.

I don’t know, but the man would kill either of them if a second if they looked at the boy.

Chuck Norris es mas macho.

Brock Samson

Uh, no. That’s unequivocally false. In fact, I’d argue it’s one of the least violent the world has ever known.

People used to get fed to lions in front of large crowds of spectators and ripped to shreds/eaten for their entertainment. People were frequently tortured and executed, often publicly, in thousands of incredibly gruesome and ghastly ways for many years during the Middle Ages. The list goes on and on and on…

Tell me, when was the last time you attended a drawing & quartering of a convicted criminal as spectacle in modern America?

Cesar Romero es muchisimo macho.

Tengo dos gatos en mis pantalones.

Since somebody has to post the link eventually:

Smoke Rings, by Laurie Anderson

Cesar Romero era muchísimo homosexual.

How is it that I’ve never seen this?

Thank you!

Sin embargo, César Romero fue siempre en la parte superior de las “mujeres”.

What music were you listening to in 1986? I’m older than you are and this was almost before my time. A friend in college was a big fan and persuaded me to watch it (while he made an audio copy from VHS tape; the soundtrack had studio versions of some of the songs).

For the sake of completeness, there is also a relevant sketch on an old episode of Saturday Night Live. Quien Es Mas Macho is a Spanish-language game show (hosted by Bill Murray) in which the contestants have to pick who is more macho. It’s a fourth-season episode hosted by Rick Nelson, available on Netflix and Amazon. The sketch comes right after Weekend Update.

Yo

(¿¡que!?)

Let us just say I didn’t come by my excellent taste in music until much later than 1986. All I had was the radio, and they weren’t playing anything cool there. I’ve made up for a lot of lost time in my adult years, however. According to my last.fm profile I’ve listened to more than 4600 different artists since 2008 (when I started tracking) - so I’m working on it. I will definitely check the concert and the SNL episode out (if I can find it on youtube) in the near future. Thanks again.