quotes?

What is the procedure for isolating parts of posts I want to respond to? Feelo stupid asking but I keep doing it wrong

Use the quote button to get the whole lot, then delete the bits you are not responding to. Sometimes it is best to put in ellipses to indicate where parts have been snipped, especially if you cut something in the middle of parts you want to keep.

[quote=“njtt, post:2, topic:632020”]

Use the quote button to get the whole lot, then delete the bits you are not responding to. Sometimes it is best to put in ellipses to indicate where parts have been snipped,]

Test

[quote=“badger5149, post:3, topic:632020”]

Exactly.

Make sure you leave both the beginning and ending quote tags in so the quote will display properly.

Test

OK, thanks guys I think I have it now

Here’s a movie of the procedure.

Also, if you click the “quote” button under someone’s post, you can see their coding.

Edit: except for quotes, for some reason. I think because nested quotes were disabled as a default. Oh well - keep testing and see if you can figure it out, that’s what ATMB is for.

There’s a little slider button on the side of the mic.

(Graped for emphasis)

Other times, it may be best to highlight the specific bit you’re responding to, if it’s aswim in a sea of context that you don’t want to snip.

Grapist!

Shhh…we’re not supposed to say his name.