Racial Stereotypes - True? If so, Why?

First of all, I’m not racist in the slightest bit. In fact, this subject came up in a conversation with myself and several of my friends (who are from various ethnic backgrounds):

My friend claims that males of African decent, on average, have much larger penises than caucasians, hence the saying “once you go black, you never go back”.

I’ve heard this several times before. Is it true that black males have much larger penises? If so, is there a reason why?

Cecil speaks:

Does average human penis length vary among ethnic groups?

The answer it seems, is yes. But just by a hair (har!)

This might be something along the lines of a self-fulfilling stereotype. Blacks who are “normally” or insufficiently endowed(in their own minds, according to the stereotype) may react to the stereotype by be being more descreet in the locker rooms, making it seem (to the people who look about wondering about such stereotypes) that a disproportionately high number of blacks are more heavily, um, gifted.

See this

In my role as prison physician, I end up doing a lot of hernia checks on many different ethnic groups. My latest experiences (anecdotal and non-scientific to be sure) have made me believe there is little evidence for the OP’s question; i.e. I don’t see a lot of difference between ethnic groups.

Having said that, it always seems to be a little guy (110 lbs dripping wet, 5"1’) who’s really hung like a horse. Not that all little guys are endowed this way, but when someone is “gifted”, they seem to be significantly smaller than average in their other dimensions.

Anecdotal only, I know. Carry on.