Rain rain go away. Beckdawrek wants to play: A game. A thread for weather related quips, axioms or just plain observations:

Rain rain go away
Come again another day
Baby wants to go out and play

Some of us would instead prefer that the snow go away; rain is fine.

PS. Beck, I thought you lived in a rural area. In rural areas farmers always want to have adequate rain (although not too much).

Moved from the Game Room to Thread Games.

Don’t come out tonight
it’s bound to take your life
There’s a bad moon on the rise.
I hear hurricanes a-blowin’.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

Don’t know why
There’s no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather…

Oh, sorry. Thx for fixin’ it, @Chronos

Hey, there, Mr. Blue
We’re so pleased to be with you

Mackerel sky rain is nigh.

Harlan Ellison wrote a story about a guy who always said, “Rain, rain, go away… ,” and the rain DID – every single time. Until the one time it didn’t. The whole planet flooded. Boo hoo.

You know, people talk an awful lot about the weather, but nobody ever does anything about it.

Marty: Right now? It’s pouring rain.

Doc: (looks at his watch) Wait five more seconds. (Exactly five seconds later the rain stops) Right on the tick! Amazing – absolutely amazing. Too bad the post office isn’t as efficient as the weather service.

-“BB”-

“Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” --Roger Miller

The chances of rain (or snow, or sun) are inversely proportional to the chances that rain (or snow, or sun) is wanted.

When the rain comes, they run and hide their heads, they might as well be dead when the rain comes.

If you don’t like the weather in San Diego, just wait 6 months. It will be exactly the same.

Everybody complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

(Misattributed to Mark Twain [Samuel Clemens], this little witticism is actually by Charles Dudley Warner. Twain frequently used the quote in his public lectures, however, with the result that for better or worse he will forever be associated with it.)

-“BB”-

“Some caught a freight, some caught a plane
Find the sunshine, leave the rain
They said this town’s a waste of time
I guess they’re right, it’s wastin’ mine
Some gotta win, some gotta lose
Good time Charlie’s got the blues.”

“I can see clearly now, the rain has gone…”

Every time it rains,
It rains pennies from heaven