Once in New York City, a five-year-old boy came up with a wonderful improvement on “raining cats and dogs.” It was doing the “wintry mix” thing, snow and rain and sleet, and he said “It’s coming down monkeys!”
In place of “raining cats and dogs,” my college girlfriend used the term “raining pianos.” I have no idea if that’s a Minnesota-ism, or just a personal quirk of hers.
The weather in your country may be wet, but German weather will always be Wetter.
Weather forecast for tonight – dark.
Continued dark overnight, with widely-scattered light by morning.
Hah! I got it.
Baby shouldn’t play alone,
'cause he isn’t nearly grown.
Rain should never go away,
'cause you’ll dry up and blow away.
Beck, you need a weather rock out on your back porch:
- If the rock is wet, it’s raining.
- If the rock is swinging, the wind is blowing.
- If the rock casts a shadow, the sun is shining.
- If the rock does not cast a shadow and is not wet, the sky is cloudy.
- If the rock is difficult to see, it is foggy.
- If the rock is white, it is snowing.
- If the rock is coated with ice, there is a frost.
- If the ice is thick, it’s a heavy frost.
- If the rock is bouncing, there is an earthquake.
- If the rock is under water, there is a flood.
- If the rock is warm, it is sunny.
- If the rock is missing, there was a tornado.
- If the rock is wet and swinging violently, there is a hurricane.
- If the rock can be felt but not seen, it is night time.
- If the rock has white splats on it, watch out for birds.
- If there are two rocks, stop drinking, you are drunk.
You really should credit that to Al Sleet, the Hippy-Dippy Weatherman (with all the hippy-dippy weather, man) - from (I think) George Carlin’s FM & AM album. (definitely George Carlin; not positive of the album)
[quote=“Dr.Winston_OBoogie, post:48, topic:933835, full:true”]
You really should credit that to Al Sleet, the Hippy-Dippy Weatherman (with all the hippy-dippy weather, man) - from (I think) George Carlin’s FM & AM album. (definitely George Carlin; not positive of the album) [/quote]
Didn’t really think I needed to … I thought all people above a certain age would recognize that immediately.
it’s absolutely pissin’ daaahn.
Hot, hot, hot