Rand Paul And Fauci

Wow, that’s pretty fucked up. Even for you.

And many here and me noticed how those words don’t match the headline that you wanted to be the final word. Very weak sauce, and that is before other posters noticed how misleading those headlines were, other reporting from back then supported what Fauci said.

Then you are simply factually incorrect. Science advances over times, and with Covid there was an incredibly steep learning curve. Back at the start of the pandemic it was all about surface contacts. Schools were doing full wipe downs, we were sterilizing our groceries or leaving them to quarantine for several days and there was a run on hand sanitizer.

You can choose what you want to believe I guess. Other people believe that Trump won the 2020 election in a landslide. We are in the age of choose your own reality. You have decided to live in a reality in which Fauci is a worse liar that Rand Paul, and it is unlikely that anything that I or anyone else has to say will convince you otherwise, so I’ll quit arguing. Congratz you won the internet.

Warning for DMC, this is a straight out attack on Magiver and not his post. You know to take posts like this to the Pit. Please do so in the future.

Summary

I would like to point out that goading people with incorrect and garbage information until they get a warning is the very definition of “being a jerk” and really should be shut down.

Because that’s the entire purpose of what is going on here. It’s patently obvious.

I regret now the way I framed the question (especially the title) given the way it’s gone off the rails, but I really hope nobody else got this from my OP. I was earnestly and legitimately seeking further information on the subjects of gain-of-function research, the policies against funding it, and whether this specific statement by Rand Paul might be true. Watching the original exchange I felt that Fauci was dodging a legitimate question, and I wanted to know more.

Do not argue moderation in thread. In fact there are two thread in the ATMB for such discussion at this point.

Try this one: Fauci - Rand Paul Thread

Please do not do this again.

Seems to me there’s a big difference between a “misstep” and FAUCI LIED!

Could officials and health experts have established policies and communicated them to the public in a more effective and consistent manner from the start of the pandemic?

Yes.

But it does us no good to have people allege lies, coverups and conspiracies to explain the sometimes messy process of science and medicine evolving in light of new evidence.

Contrast that with deliberate obfuscation and outright lying for ideologic purposes to this day by Fauci’s enemies, and he looks pretty damn good in comparison.

If there’s an award for Most Undeserved Shit Taken In Service To One’s Country, Fauci deserves it. But he’s not the only one who deserves votes.

As this thread is now completely off-topic, I am closing it to avoid further issues.