Random Occurrences

{{{Yeah, I know all about that “co-worker shared birthday” thing. The last place I worked, out of a staff of maybe 40, there were 3 shared birthdays, mine among them. They were all within 10 days of each other, too, at the end of August.}}}

Here’s a fun topic: Have everyone tell their birthdate, then count backwards nine months. You may be surprised (or not) to find out how many people were conceived on or about Valentine’s Day, New Year’s Eve, St. Patrick’s Day, prom night, and so on.
I was born March 2nd. (New Year’s?)My niece was born February 13th. (Prom night.) My husband was born April 23rd, 1968. (Summer of Love!)

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

I was born on April 5th. You do the math.

<I was born March 2nd. (New Year’s?)>

Going BACKWARDS, this would put you smack in the month of June! Only going forwards 9 months would this make you a New Year’s baby.

Actually, that would be July - as in “Let’s just stay in tonight and make our own fireworks!”.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you will suck forever.

I was responding to the post: “I was born March 2nd (New Years)”

But for some reason, my cut/paste didn’t take…

Dr. J got it right. According to my mom, I was conceived in the middle of a fireworks show on the 4th of July.

I guess it partly depends on where you live… I’ve always found tons of people with birthdays about the same time as mine (last half of August). This puts the conception date sometime in November. In Canada, in November, there’s not a hell of a lot else to do, and hey, you gotta keep warm somehow!

“…I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair.
Then I thought, wouldn’t it be much worse if life were fair, and all
the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe.” - Marcus Cole, “Babylon 5”

“Dr. J got it right. According to my mom, I was conceived in the middle of a fireworks
show on the 4th of July.”

Again, I was responding to Rilchiam’s post. However, this does bring up a point. Pregnancy doesn’t last 9 month , but 38 weeks (as a standard).

“Dr. J got it right. According to my mom, I was conceived in the middle of a fireworks
show on the 4th of July.”

Again, I was responding to Rilchiam’s post. However, this does bring up a point. Pregnancy doesn’t last 9 months, but 38 weeks (as a standard).

:begin nitpik:
Actually, 38 weeks is 9 lunar months.
:end nitpick:

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you will suck forever.

{{{Going BACKWARDS, this would put you smack in the month of June! Only going forwards 9 months would this make you a New Year’s baby.}}}

DOH! You’re right. I know I’m right about the prom night and Summer of Love conceptions, though.

—Red Green

—My dad was mugged two nights ago, but he’s okay. He’s 70, but he’s one of the most stubborn people going. When the guy pointed a (later revealed to be fake) gun at him, he actually said, “Put that away; you don’t wanna go to jail.” Then he was punching and kicking when the guy threw him down. The mugger got away with what he thought was a wallet, but was actually a pocket notebook with math equations and things-to-do. Just goes to show, keeping your spirit helps a lot.
—I finally got up the nerve to call a friend that I lost touch with. I didn’t have his current number, but luckily his parents have a distictive name and live in a small town. They didn’t hiss when I told them who I was, so I guess he hasn’t been badmouthing me. I only got an answering machine, but at least I made the move.
—I got an offer to be part of a studio audience tonight. Doesn’t pay as much as being “atmosphere,” but hey.

—Red Green

Getting back to the pregnancy thing…I thought human gestation was 40 weeks.

And now, for something completely unrelated, my random and pointless stuff. I’m at work right now. I had a very good time last night, though…The Boy took me around town. First to a big grown-up Chuck E. Cheese type place called Jillian’s (it’s a chain, so you may have heard of it) to watch the new South Park, which was utterly hilarious. Then, since he didn’t get to buy me any drinks on my birthday, HE took me bar-hopping, which means I got drunk for the third night this week (yes, I’ll stop when people stop buying them for me). After that, we went back to my place, hung out, and watched Conan and Kilborn, after which he was sober enough to drive home. Oh, and I got the first Cake CD last night, too. They do a cover of “I Will Survive” that is just utterly hilarious.

–elm

I’m trying to see things from your point of view, but I can’t get my head that far up my ass.

Today I worked from 8 to 7, and when I got home at 8, there was a message on my machine from the emergency clinic asking if I could come in and help out for a few hours. Uh…I don’t think so…sorry guys…

[[[ Dr. J got it right. According to my mom, I was conceived in the middle of a fireworks show on the 4th of July. ]]] - Drain Bead

My daughter was conceived on the 4th of July too! She just turned five last week (sniff), she’s growing up right before my eyes.

Shadowfox

[[[ Dr. J got it right. According to my mom, I was conceived in the middle of a fireworks show on the 4th of July. ]]] - Drain Bead

[[[My daughter was conceived on the 4th of July too! She just turned five last week (sniff), she’s growing up right before my eyes.]]] Shadowfox
Heh. Youngest Son turned nine on April 2 (a week ago today). I distinctly remember his conception, that Fourth of July holiday . . . .

-Melin

my house got broken into last night because I forgot that I had left a window open… (and I am a locksmith… DOH!!) BUT my roomate apparantly got home when they were… ah… in flagrante delicto. Found a pile of my cd’s next to the window and a camera (about all that is concievably of much value in my home… ) and my boom box… my beloved, but aged and crusty boom box. Well, anyway… they dind’t get anything, and none of the cats escaped… so I am very happy.
:o)
and yeah… we are LOCKING THE DANG WINDOWS.

gawd it’s spring and young men’s fancies lightly turn to thoughts of breaking and entering… my times have changed.

-bella

[[[My daughter was conceived on the 4th of July too! She just turned five last week (sniff), she’s growing up right before my eyes.]]] Shadowfox
[[Heh. Youngest Son turned nine on April 2 (a week ago today). I distinctly remember his conception, that Fourth of July holiday . . . ]]] - Melin
[giggle] At least you remember it…I think I drank more that night than I ever have in my life. Of course, it probably explains why my daughter is such a goof

Shadowfox

No C&P

It’s a beautiful day outside. I’m expecting rain.

…hm? What’s in the fridge? Pepperoncini. (stupid spelling, if you ask me)

Got a raise this week. I can finally afford that Ronco pocket fisherman I’ve always wanted. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Kermugeon
Oh yeah?

My SO went out today and bought two Furbies for our younger kids. I didn’t know whether the hug the things or be scared of them. The scariest part was that they started talking to each other (I didn’t know they could do that).

Shadowfox