Rank the nuts!

Whooooosh!!!

But the interesting thing is, all of the following are “technically not nuts” (taken from wikipedia):

Almonds are the edible seeds of drupe fruits — the leathery “flesh” is removed at harvest.
Brazil nut is the seed from a capsule.
Candlenut (used for oil) is a seed.
Cashew is the seed[4] of an accessory fruit.
Chilean hazelnut or Gevuina
Macadamia is a creamy white kernel of a follicle type fruit.
Malabar chestnut
Pecan is the seed of a drupe fruit
Mongongo
Peanut is a seed and from a legume type fruit (of the family Fabaceae).
Pine nut is the seed of several species of pine (coniferous trees).
Pistachio is the partly dehiscent seed of a thin-shelled drupe.
Walnut (Juglans) is the seed of a drupe fruit
Yeheb nut is the seed of a desert bush, Cordeauxia edulis

I think we’ve had this thread before, but apparently I’m weird for putting cashews right at the bottom of my list, near peanuts. I really don’t like them that much, they taste bland to me. I like pecans and I’ve never lived in the South and macadamia and I’ve never been to Hawaii. Chestnuts are a rare seasonal treat and I actually like the water chestnuts in Chinese food. I’m not sure if I’ve had the other type of water chestnut, but I’m intrigued as the look like little Satans, or at least the guy from Legend.

The only true nuts that people eat regularly are hazelnuts (filbert) and chestnuts.

Here’s a picture of the weird fruit. You can use it to eat or make liquor.

I can’t rank nuts because I like them all. Some are better in one thing, some in another.

I will admit black walnuts are a bit strong, but I love them too. My family has an heirloom candy recipe that has chopped black walnuts in it, along with corn syrup, sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla.