Rapper Snoop Dogg now wishes to be known as Snoop Lion

Yup.

Also, he’s the reincarnation of Bob Marley.

Please update your contact lists accordingly.

Huh.

So it does cause long-term brain damage.

Methinks Snoop needs to adjizzle his medizzle.

(For the Bob Marley thing…for the name thing…meh, at least he’s still not Puff Daddy.)

It’s a good thing he didn’t visit France and get reincarnated as Snoop Sparrow.

IOW, he’s not getting his share of the spotlight, so he’s going to try to reinvent himself.

My contact list has been updated as needed.

Wasn’t “Doggy” in there at one point? Lion make no sense whatsoever. Roar Lion Yo, perhaps, would have been a better choice.

Snoop Doggy Lion just seems weird.

What about Snoop Lion Fish? Or Snoop Dingo Gringo? Snoop Puppy Love? Snoop Fresh Water Otter?

Does the OP specify “Rapper” Snoop Dogg so as to avoid confusion with “UN Diplomat” Snoop Dogg, “Physicist” Snoop Dogg, et al?

What Snoop says: He’s ‘tired of hip hop.’

What Snoop means: He hasn’t had a no. 1 song in years, so why not see if the kids are stupid enough to believe that he’s a reincarnation of Bob Marley?

In Snoop Dog’s defense, kids are REALLY DUMB.

I see it more as an escalation.

Snopp Dogg --> Snoop Lion --> Snoop Velociraptor --> Snoop Tyrannosaurus --> Snoop Godzilla.

Snoop Doggy Dogg was his “first” name when he showed up with Dr Dre on The Chronic (at least that’s where I first heard of him).

I listened to la la la which I gather is his first reggae single. I didn’t really care for it but I’ll be interested to hear some others, I think he’s got the talent to put out some better stuff. Do we know who his producer is?

Snoop Lion actually replaces Snoop Snow Leopard.

It would have been easier to change it to Snoop Og

or just Snog.

– > Snoop Cthulhu.

Google only shows up one hit for this phrase! Well, two, in a couple of minutes…

:D:D:D This post nearly caused me an injury.

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtizzle.

“Iä! Iä! Snoop Fhtagn!”

Is there legal standing for him to start receiving royalties from all of the downloads by college kids of Bob Marley’s Legend?

While you are all updating your contact lists, please be aware that I would now like to be known as “The Maestro.”