Ray Liotta passes away at 67

Streaming on Netflix and Prime!

Wow, you were not kidding. I never made the comparison, but it’s uncanny.

Dropo, that was my first recollection as well.

Lots of good works are already mentioned. I also liked him in Identity.

RIP Ray Liotta

Oh, acting out in public. Not acting out in public. That story didn’t go where I thought it was going.

His appearance as himself on Modern Family was even more funny when Mitchell and family kept referring to him as “Ray Liotta”, using his full name, much to his exasperation. It was the episode where the family thought they were at Barbra Streisand’s house, but she had moved and RL bought her house (I wonder if that was true in real life). At least she talked to them over the intercom, with Ray as her friend.

He had drug & alcoholic addiction problems. He has looked really rough for a long time. The Kimmel one is 2015, he’s only 60 years old.

I first recall him from Field of Dreams, then Goodfellas, and was disappointed that I didn’t see him in more major roles. Like Cary Elwes, he seemed to suddenly drop into lesser roles, and I was disappointed ( in both cases) that this was the case. I saw Liotta in small roles in Hannibal (noted above), Sin City: a Dame to Kill For and Muppets from Space. (I know he appeared in other things – I just never saw them). I recall hearing about a possible comeback, but I don’t recall another major role.

Kevin Costner has a story about Liotta in Field of Dreams:

I’m stunned! This is out of nowhere as far as I know.

Lots of great roles as noted upthread, but I’m trying to remember the name of a movie where he played a supporting role.

It was a teen (or younger adult) romance where he played the boyfriend of one of the romantic leads’ mothers, and while he was only onscreen for a few minutes he was frickin’ hilarious. I’ve skimmed his IMDb page but none of the titles ring a bell.

Anyone remember this one?

Gotta be Youth in Revolt, huh?

As someone who has had an up and down relationship with alcohol (I still drink, I think I’ve dialed it back really well to somewhat acceptable levels, but I frankly drank way too heavily in my 20s until my early 40s), and have had a lot of friends in this same age band drink heavily, there’s kind of a broad “facial appearance” men seem to get in their mid-50s if they haven’t dialed their drinking back. Most of the people I know who have gotten to that point tend to accumulate health issues very rapidly around this age band too.

That’s the one! I just saw it once, and IIRC it was wildly uneven but ultimately worthwhile. Check it out just to see the face Liotta makes when he’s asked to smile for a picture. :rofl:

I liked him in Corrina, Corrina. He was so handsome. His eyes… But he did not age well.