Re this large and expensive collectible statue of Superman. What comic artist drew him like this?

Normally Superman figurines reference back to some comic artist’s version but I do not recall seeing this precise interpretive likenessin any of the stories.

Which artist or story inspired this version? It’s Superman-ish but the face (to me) is off kilter somehow.

I don’t recognize the composition, but it somewhat has an Alex Ross sensibility.

Well, according to the site, it’s the The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team:
Bernardo Esquivel (Paint)
Andy Bergholtz (Sculpt)
Martin Canale and Gore Group Studios (Sculpt)
Tim Hanson (Costume Fabrication)
Kristafer Anka (Design) :wink:

That pretty much just looks like Christopher Reeve.

My first thought upon seeing it was Alex Ross (although I certainly see the Christopher Reeve homage too)…perhaps it is based on an illustration of Supes from Kingdom Come?

No, there are costume and facial differences from the Kingdom Come Superman.
In fact, there are differences from almost all Superman artists that I can think of.

I would assume that the guys on the figurine team were all wishing they were Alex Ross, but kept the classic uniform and the Christopher Reeve wholesomeness.

So the answer to the OP’s question is “None”.

1. My first though was also Kingdom Come Superman, but younger and in a traditional costume. Alex Ross did do a JLA miniseries from 2005-07 called Justice. Superman wears the traditional costume in that; however, the action figure based on that miniseries has a larger S shield and a different fit to the cape. I can’t find any good shots of the comic book to see if that figure is that accurate to the comic or not.

2. Superman’s fighting Darkseid in some of the statue’s photos. I don’t know if that can be a hint or not.

3. I’d still bet that “none” is the answer to the question, though.

Looks like a generic combination of multiple portrayals. It’d be okay if he wasn’t cross-eyed. It’s like he’s sending heat-rays from his eyes, but without the rays there it just looks weird.

The cape is ridiculously voluminous.

I’m just happy he has the red undies. The costume just doesn’t work at all without them, unlike Batman (granted his undies weren’t usually red, but uknowutImean.)