Reagan on the $10?

Crafter, could you explain your disdain for AH more fully?

How about we stick Ronnie on the $2, dump Andy off the $20 and replace him with Walt Whitman?

Can we put Bush on $0 bill, that would sum him up nicely?

The only problem with putting Reagan on a $10 bill is that soon afterward it will only be worth a fraction of its former value, and will eventually need to be accompanied by a $20 bill in order to be worth the original $10.

Mm-hm. They also introduced a notion in Congress to have Ronnie added to Mount Rushmore.

Precisely WHAT did the man do that allovasudden has the Neocons wanting his mug all over the place? Besides die, that is.

Actually, I remember hearing them wanting to place Ronnie on Rushmore back in the 80s, a noted geologist pointed out that the rockface wouldn’t be able to withstand the necessary work to add any face to the mountain, and it would bring the whole side of the mountain down, thus ruining the existing artwork.

Or, barring that, your reverance for Porky Pig?

Create a $3.00 bill.

Make sure everyone knows it is really worth only $0.35.

Put the worthless POS’s picture on that.

Put a picture of Mickey Damn Mouse on the other side.

Put his face on the $100,000 bill and watch as it eventually trickles down to the $1 bill.

It is absolutely inconceivable that any of the current honorees would be for a second considered so low as to be replaced by an actor on a coin/bill. That would be just too darn insulting. All of the current honorees (of coins/bills still being made) have legions of fans. They would be POed big time.

So, go with a new denomination. That should stall things until Rational Thought comes back into vogue. (So I’m an optimist.)

I think we should put Reagan on the penny, and then follow William Safire’s advice.

Personally, i’d like to see Madison and/or Jefferson on a commonly-circulating piece of paper currency. In fact, i’d be quite happy for the Jefferson $2 bill to come into regualr circulation.

I completely agree with those who want to get rid of Grant. I can never look at a $50 bill without thinking of Henry Adams’s opinion that Grant was a challenge to those who believed in evolution. From The Education of Henry Adams:

Tell us how you really feel!

:smiley:

I bet they’re ticked that the actual duel was in Weehawken… NJ!

Put me in the ‘replace Jackson’ camp.

Why the hell we keep a homicidal psychopath on a piece of currency is beyond me. If it takes Reagan to move him then so be it.

And the Rushmore thing is really just Grover Norquist being a freak again (something he excels at). I caught an interview with him earlier where he (sorta tongue in cheek) claimed that Hamilton should be replaced because Hamilton was a ‘bad shot’. Evidently Norquist digs the guns and thinks Hamilton should have been able to kill Burr.

Freak, I tell you. He’s a freak!

I agree with the last part. :slight_smile:

$1 - George Washington
$2 - Thomas Jefferson (yes, these still circulate)
$5 - Abraham Lincoln
$10 - Alexander Hamilton
$20 - Andrew Jackson
$50 - Ulysses S. Grant
$100 - Benjamin Franklin

1¢ - Abraham Lincoln
5¢ - Thomas Jefferson
10¢ - Franklin D. Roosevelt
25¢ - George Washington
50¢ - John F. Kennedy
100¢ - Sacajawea

The song “one of these things are not like the other, one of these things just doesn’t belong” run through my head, and make a perfect opening for R. Reagan.

Funny. The highlight of the exhibit will probably be the actual dueling pistols which have been locked away in the vaults of Chase Manhattan Bank for decades. (You will recall that both Hamilton & Burr founded banks, the Bank of NY and today’s Chase Manhattan respectively. Both still exist. Burr founded Chase under the guise of starting a water-supply company for thirsty Manhattan. The charter allowed the company to, in essence, operate as a bank – Burr’s real objective. They did actually lay some water pipes, it should be said.) Why does Chase have both guns you may wonder. Well, they both belonged to Burr. It was customary for the challenger to supply the weapons for a duel.

The city of Weehawken, I am told, is planning to re-enact the duel (perhaps with the aid of the N-YHS). That should be fun.

It would trickle down?
:slight_smile:

I owe credit card debt to Aaron Burr?
Man, that sucks.

OK than- they don’t have to add a face ---- all they have to do is chisel off Teddy’s glasses and moustache — the result should look like Reagan. Put Teddy on the 10 dollar bill.