Really odd computer problem (HELP!)

That would turn the fan off as well.

I would think a possible cause is that your screen has blown… or any of the previous posts…

And you think an ordinary every day person knows what youre talking about? :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

And you think an ordinary every day person knows what youre talking about? :rolleyes: **
[/QUOTE]

Imation you are new here so I’m not going to be a jerk, but you will see the members of this board are not ordinary every day people. WTS knows the type of person he is talking to and the advise he gave was propper.

To the OP- Is this system by any chance an Athlon based computer?

By all means your point is taken…

Am i presuming too much when I assume ‘Intriguing Question Mark’ has an average knowledge of computers when he/she says this,

AIQ (and i quote)

If I was in his/her position I would know to give all computer specifications… no offence to the OP.

My biggest apoligies if I have offended anyone.

My point was merely to advise ‘Wonko The Sane’ that not all people (on lookers also) know what a ‘BIOS reset jumper’ is.

That is all…

I will close my hand and keep the hole I have just dug to 6 feet…

Sorry for any inconveniance,
IMATION

me thinks he made it clear enough that if ? didn’t know what it was, that it was time to take a peek in the effing manual to find it.

oh and sometime I wish I could be as lucid as Wonko was last night considering his state of intoxication at that moment in time.

::hides:: I didnt know people had started posting here again. I dont know much about how the insides of computers work and until now my family has always had Macs. This thing is still acting up so I’ll see exactly what it does the next time it wont start right and post it.

I miss my Mac!! :frowning:

The first thing you want to do is NOT to open up your case, try to reseat the processor or any of the cards, or anything drastic like that. There’s a few diagnostic things you can try without opening up the case. For starters, you say that it sounds like everything but the monitor is starting up normally. The computer can start up just fine without a monitor; try letting it go for a couple of minutes (however long it usually takes to start up), and see if it plays the Windows startup chime (you know, those five notes that it plays whenever Windows starts up). If it does, then your computer is booting without problems (other than the monitor), and you can definitely rule out problems with the BIOS, memory, hard drive, power supply, and other essential components, and the problem is just with the monitor, the video card, or the connection between them. If this is the problem, then there’s a good chance that it’s just a bad connection: Unplug the monitor from the back of the computer, maybe clean off the metal contacts, and plug it back in firmly, and it should fix this.