Really unfortunate business names

I stand corrected. Mea dopa copa. :slight_smile:

Oh, Re: OP:

In Albany there’s a McDonald’s Funeral Home.

And here in Kinderhook, there are tons of businesses labeled OK (“Old Kinderhook” and a reference to locally-born president Martin Van Buren). OK Foods, OK Computers, etc. The food’s not great here, it’s just OK… And of course, the OK Computers aren’t.

In Cambridge MA there is a funeral home that used to be called Long and <somebody> Funeral Home. Sometime in the last couple of years they changed to just plain Long.

There is a big sign out front proclaiming:

Long Funeral Service

The guy who extracted my wisdom teeth was Dr. Hertz.

Haj

There was a store that I THOUGHT made equipment for seeing impaired persons. It was called …
BLIND WORLD
Turns out, they made window coverings.

my gynecologist was Dr Dickey.

also, there was a car dealer named Dick Poe toyota.

My friend laughed at that, because she said it meant fat butt in german.

R&S Erections

A scaffholding company. The initials R&S stand for rigid and stiff. Gotta get one of their t-shirts one of these days.

PMS Lasers

A fine product but they tend to crap out on you once a month. Who was smoking what when they decided on this name?

And, of course, they purchase instruments to test those vibrators from Fluke Instruments (“If it’s a good voltmeter…”).

Oh, not so much unfortunate as odd:

On a street in Albany there are two business next door to each other:
Jewish World Printing
and
Gentile Carpets

Oh, and I almost forgot: In Philly, there is “Dickhouse Buick”

There’s a dentist here named Dr. Aiken

And a new Chinese restaurant called
Hunan Wok
but when you’re driving by, its real easy to see an extra hump on that middle ‘n’ … eeeeew

All through high school, I saw this sign every day on the bus: “Your So Cool Tattoo Parlor.”

Just make sure you don’t ask them to spell anything that will remain on your body for the rest of your life, for God’s sake.

Where I live now, there’s a restaurant called Kickapoo Catfish. The waitresses wear shirts that say “Got Fish?” You can buy “Got Fish?” t-shirts there, along with “Got Shrimp?” and “Got Crabs?”

I had never been to Kickapoo Catfish the first time I saw someone wearing a “Got Crabs?” shirt (which, incidently, doesn’t have a restaurant logo or anything else on it). Thought it was an interesting way of making sure your potential partner was clean before getting laid.

(I should have known better, having seen many Mardi Gras shops laden with shirts that read “Suck Me, Shuck Me, Eat Me Raw – Louisiana Oysters.”)

When I lived in Rochester, NY (and it may still be there, FAIK), there was an auto dealership named Dick Ide Pontiac. It gave rise to the following local joke:

A guy was in a horrible accident, and had some disfiguring burns. In fact, his eyelids had been destroyed. During reconstructive surgery, it was discovered that he wasn’t circumcised, and since the doctors needed thin skin to replace his eyelids, they circumcised him and grafted his foreskin onto his eyes. The man made a full recovery and even became a successful businessman. Haven’t you ever heard of Dick-Eyed Pontiac?

Hilarity ensues.

This could just be a good story, but…

A friend’s father is in a motorcycling club that, in their younger days, would take of for weeks at a time cycling across the country. One year they took a trip up through Alaska. Between two big cities (Nome and Juneau, perhaps?), there is a single, long road through vast expanses of nothing. They set out from one city to the other in the afternoon; night would have fallen before they reached their destination. They were approaching the halfway point, when up ahead they saw a lit sign, announcing a motel. The proprietor, a tall guy named Richard with a sense of humor, had named the place

BIG DICK’S HALFWAY INN.

My friend says dad actually has photos of his club posing with Big Dick under the sign.

I saw an ad the other day for DICK WOOD Heating and Air Conditioning.

There’s a picture of the proprietor and his son in the ad.

Dick Wood…and…Richard Wood

I just saw an ad on TV last night for this one:

Water Wizz Waterpark

http://www.waterwizz.com

Here in NYC there’s a chain of lumberyards: Dykes. And on 23rd between 6th and 7th there’s a fried-chicken place that proudly proclaims “It’s Moisturized!” Oh goody, just what I needed: Poulet d’Olay.

Here in Minnesota, there is a company that provides protable toilets for events, the company name is Biff’s.

Also, in Bemidji, MN there is a funeral home owned by the Cease family.

I don’t know how I managed to forget the fairly new italian restaurant in town, Crapito’s.

Have a hankering for noodles? Then come on down to the Fook Yue Restaurant! Recommended by the finest city officials for their wide variety of live vermin offerings:

http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/enviro_health/2000closures.htm