Really unfortunate business names

Not a business name, but a couple co-workers I had went to the same gynecologist, a Dr. Beavers.

… And sunny Leamington Spa (UK) boasts/boasted a firm of Solicitors (not sure what the US counterpart is; essentially a law firm I guess) with the soubriquet Wright Hassell & Co. I just bet they were.

It’s not so much that the business had a bad name… but there was a firm in my home town whose sign read INDUSTRIAL AD ESIVES…

There used to be a lifting gear test company working on rigs in the North Sea called Test Tackles Ltd.

I used to call the receptionist up about four times a day.

Once, a while back, I saw a newspaper add for a gastroentreologist(sp?) named Anil K. Ram.

When I was a kid there was an S&M Market.

I heard about a Gargoyle Arctic Oil.

Theres an office supply store called T&A Supply.

When Ford came out with the Nova it sold great here in the US, then they tried to market it in Mexico and they didn’t sell a single one. Nova means NoGo in Spanish.

Nah. Pretty sure that’s a UL.
Snopes is your friend.
<Durnit… wish I knew how to post a link.>

Whilst living in Washington DC a few years back, I saw a HUGE crane with the name of the business on it…

HYMAN CONSTRUCTION

“Wow! Just how big IS the hymen they’re building that they need a crane like that!”

Re Nova, try here.

There sort of is again. It was closed for the longest time, the only remnants being the yearly hygenic art show at the El’N’Gee club. After years of neglect, the old site was reopened recently as the hygenic art gallery. Not sure if they serve food or not again, it’s been a while since I cruised Bank St.

I do the pest control service for Scarr Funeral Home. It’s a family name, of course, but would you want them preparing the body of your loved one?

Mea maxima copa. Thank you for correcting me. :slight_smile:

awww shucks. Hell, I aint sawry. :smiley:

I thought I posted in the wrong thread…

Lessee, around Orlando (besides everything containing “Magic”, “World”, or “Universal”):

**Badcock Furniture

Lust Cash Registers**

and my favorite -

the Central Florida Blood Bank is located on Gore Street

There is a local fried-chicken chain around here called, I shit you not, “Wife Saver.” I’m told the food is good, I refuse to eat it because of the name!

This is more offensive than humorous, but I had to vent about it somewhere. Helloooooo, this is the 21st century, you sexist morons…

I know I’ve posted these in years past, but what the heck…

In the '70s I visited my sister in Portland and we went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant with a huge neon sign proclaiming its name to be Hung Far Low.

One of the more prominent manufacturers of the vibrators my industry uses is the Failing Equipment Company (named after founder George Failing).

And there used to be a business down the street from me named Yoko’s Modeling Studio (for the serious late night artist) whose portable sign was rearranged one night (presumably by a visiting artist) to read Moko’s Yodeling Snout. I guess they liked it 'cause they left it like that for a couple of years.

I haven’t seen this link in a while, so here goes…

Engrish!

I once saw a truck with signs for Atomic Exterminating.

“Yeah, lady. We can get rid of your cockroaches. In fact, we can get rid of any within 200 miles…”

Considering the Nova is a Chevrolet product…

My favorite counter to that is “It didn’t sell well in Britain either, because in “nova” means “exploding star” in English, and nobody wanted to drive a car that they thought would explode.”