Recommend a Gameboy Advance Game

Recommend a Gameboy Advance game for me.

I’m not really sure what I’m looking for, so I’ll describe the ones I’ve played so far. In the year I’ve owned my GBA, I’ve played 4 games:

1. Kirby’s Adventures in Dreamland: I thought this game was fun, if not exceptionally challenging. It was cute, and I generally like cute.

2. Harry Potter and … Something or Other: Yeah, I don’t remember which book this was after, but I wasn’t a big fan of this one. It was slow paced, predictable, and too easy. But I’m sure it was made for a much younger audience…

3. **Megaman and Bass: ** This game was fun, although parts were a little hard. After much trying, I beat the game with Bass but never beat the last guy with Megaman and finally gave up.

4. ** Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories:** I really liked the first go around of this game. It was challenging, and had a decent plot. The “Rebirth” was less fun. The character never evolved and the plot was very weak.

Probably of all of these, my favorite was Kingdom Hearts. I know that I do not want any “shoot-em-up” games, especially first person shooters, if they make those for Gameboy. If you can’t tell, I"m not a really big video game player… I’m just looking for something to keep me entertained on the plane during the trips I’ve got coming up. Anybody have any suggestions of games they particularly like?

Sounds like you enjoy RPGs, if so (or hell, even if not) I can’t recommend Mario and Luigi enough. Awesome game with about 20 hours worth of gameplay.

Also, WarioWare: Twisted is a blast. You have to play it to understand it, perfect to play even during a short break.

Golden Sun, Golden Sun II, Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Advance Wars (1 or 2) (Turn-based strategy), Metroicd Fusion (exploration + action), Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (Metroid-lite with more exploration), Mario vs Donkey Kong (puzzle), Fire Emblem (strategy turn-based RPG)

Super Monkey Ball Jr.: Arguably the best 3D graphics available for the GBA. Or you could try Doom if that’s what floats your boat.

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo: If you liked the arcade version you’ll like the Gameboy Advance version, it’s basically the same.

Zelda: A Link to the Past / Four Swords: If you’re into that sort of thing.

Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World: Definitely a “Must Get” game for the Gameboy Advance, IMHO.

If you were to play a GBA tactical RPG I’d recommend Fire Emblem over Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. Every character short of shopkeeps in FE has a personality as opposed to only 6 FFTA characters. I’ve yet to play The Sacred Stones, so I can only recommend the first one.

Don’t laugh, but I have yet to play a Pokemon game that I didn’t like.

Advance Wars is really good. It’s just like Command & Conquer or Starcraft, but scaled down in complexity for the GBA, and it works out just fine. A very elegant game.

Personally I like Dodge-Ball Advanced. It’s dodge ball. That’s it. But it’s fun.

Not only is Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past an excellent game, but so is Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.

Also, Tron 2.0 is way cool, you can unlock fun minigames, and the old arcade console games Tron and Disks of Tron are built in.

If you want something that fills time easily, yet is equally easy to put down when you need to, then Warioware Inc. is the way to go. (Not clear on the English name; I have the Japanese version, which is inexplicably entitled “Made In Wario”)

There’s both “WarioWare, Micro Minigame$” and “WarioWare, Twisted.” I’ve got, and love Micro Minigames…haven’t tried Twisted yet…still saving up for the DS version, Touched.

Here’s an agreement for the recommendation of Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance. It’s fun to start out with, takes some level of brainpower, and it’s very useful for plane flights- it takes forever to get through. Advance Wars is almost as fun- it, however, is less of a time-buster, and is really just more-complicated chess.

If you’re at all into racing games, tryGadget Racers. The graphics aren’t bad for GBA, and unlike many racing games, you can actually get through it. Not as good for plane flights, though (it doesn’t take that long to beat).

RPG: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. It’s kind of like a simpler Diablo for GBA.

I can vouch for Lego Star Wars as graphically amazing.
For simple games… go with the classics. Namco Museum has Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig-Dug
Atari Classics has Asteroids, Super-Breakout, Centipede.

All three of the Castlevania games. Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonace, and Aria of Sorrow. If you ever played Symphany of th Night for the PSOne, they are almost exactly like that. My fav. is Harmonry of Dissonance, but they are all good, and seeing as they are odler GAB games, and GBA is on the way out, they can be got for cheap, especially if you get used.

It rocks. Worth every penny.

Eh, it’s alright, both the original and Twisted are better.