Recommend a treadmill, assembly included

This should be easier! We’re moving to our first home soon. I want to buy a decent (not fancy) treadmill to put in the garage.

Can anyone recommend a model and somewhere to buy that delivers, assembles? I want to make this easy. :slight_smile: I’ll pay what I need to for something reliable.

I don’t trust Sears, Sports Authority/Dicks don’t seem to offer, Costco only has assembly on a few models, and Amazon subcontracts assembly (rather everything handled together).

How big of a plane must it accommodate?

Sorry? I am new to treadmills!

Hey, I’m at least waiting for a factual answer before making the obvious joke.

I built my own treadmill. Took a tread off a M1A1 and hooked it up to an old truck engine, I get that baby rolling at a good pace and feel like I’m General Patton conquering Rommel’s 3rd Division in North Africa.

There’s no factual answer possible - this thread belongs in IMHO.

Opinions are best received in IMHO rather than General Questions. Moved.

samclem moderator.

Buy a used [del]laundry rack[/del] threadmill, there are many available.

You have to be a little careful with that. Treadmills are one of those things that can cost more to repair than they cost new.

You don’t say what your budget is, but I bought this one from Amazon over a year ago and I am completely happy with it. I have used it every day - both walking and running - since I set it up.

I did assemble it myself. It’s not difficult. The box is super heavy, though, so have them deliver it at its final resting place.

Also, the current price is $100 less than what I paid.
mmm

You’re fairly new to this message boards too. Discussions about airplanes on treadmills have a long and storied history here. Now, if you’re going to put your treadmill in your garage, we’ll want to know if that airplane in your garage can take off right there from your garage.

Why use a perfectly good two horse variable speed DC motor to run a treadmill, when you can pull it out and use it to power your corn grinder? No more tedious hours turning a crank just to turn nixtamalized dent corn into yummy masa dough for tortillas and enchiladas.

But you’re not buying it new. You’re paying a fraction of the price for (if you shop carefully) a gently used treadmill. If it breaks and the cost of repair is exorbitant, you can instead buy another used one and still be out less than the cost of a new one.