At a bit more than a year into this thing, I need to buy some washable face masks which fit properly. I prefer disposable surgical style masks for anytime I need to wear one for a long time, but I feel silly using a disposable to walk the kid to school, or to run into a store for 10 minutes. The washable ones I have are a mix of hand made and whatever I could find from a year ago, and they’re all pretty annoying.
My main gripe is that in order to cover my nose, the masks will cut across my eyes, or get hit by my eyelashes when I blink. They tend to ride up, so I’m constantly pulling the mask down, trying to find that sweet spot between covering my nose, but not getting in my eyes.
Now there are thousands of different masks available. Do you have any you really like? These are what I think I’m looking for. Of course, not being able to try them on, I don’t know for sure.
- Ear loops (head straps get tangled in my hair)
- Nose wire (the few I have with a nose wire are far more comfortable than the ones without)
- Contoured top so the mask curves up to cover my nose, and then curves down to avoid my eyes
- Two or more layers of cotton or other good material (I mean, I may as well try to get something effective)
- Washable (I already have disposable ones that I like)