Religious Zealots- feel free to slash your throats

In thisstory, it has come to light that possibly the easiest way to get quick media coverage of your opinions is to SLASH YOUR OWN THROAT!
This M.O. could prove invaluable to religious lunatics everywhere. Please begin immediately.
-A

Um, just because they were Libyans and presumably Muslims doesn’t mean they were religious zealots.

I don’t see anything in this article about religion, unless you’re counting anti-CIA paranoia as a “religion”.

But hey, how about those wacky Falun Gongs over in China? WTG, eh, dudes? Talk about your media coverage! This M.O. could prove invaluable to religious lunatics everywhere. Please begin immediately.
:rolleyes:

I find it very amusing that someone would decry zealotry by zealously urging zealots to kill themselves.

Being anti-religion does not make one cool, child.

DEATH TO ALL EXTREMISTS!!!

:smiley:

“I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings . . . and I hate people like that.”

-Tom Lehrer

For the record, I am not against religion, even when practiced enthusiastically. I just think it sadly disgusting that there are people who can get themselves so worked up into a frenzy (for religion or anything else) that they can mutilate themselves- for what? To prove a point?
-A

Well Az is nothing new… remember the Saffron robes, the gasoline those lovely days in Siagon roast marshmellows in the monks?`
Proving a point while going to extremes seems to be a timeless and universial theme.

Osip

And let’s not forget Heaven’s Gate. Odd blokes. Applesauce, anyone?