Republicans can just go straight to fucking hell

You left leaning loons have really become fully unhinged? It’s scary that the NPC analogy is as accurate as it is.

Der Trihs and SteveG1 used to be a minority among you. Now you folks are almost making them sound sane. :eek:

I get that you gloat anytime your side wins a battle, but you are not the only one that wins battles. Have you noticed the pretty massive shift away from electing republicans in the last few special elections?

Yeah, you can gloat all you like as your side does it’s best to destroy your own country just because you don’t like half of your fellow citizens enough that you would even harm yourself in the process just to spit in their eye.

But you won’t win, not in the end. Even if you do manage to destroy the US with your spite, there are other countries out there. they will leave us behind.

I don’t want that future, I want the US to still be an important player on the world stage. Why do you hate your fellow citizens that you want America to fail?

Squeeze yourself back into the crevice you were hiding yourself in before your hero Hemorrhoid-Eye McOrangeface groped his way into convincing less than half the voters to elect him to the presidency based upon no qualifications whatsoever beyond race-baiting and fear-mongering, you unsufferable cunt.

Stranger

Democracy only functions when the voters value western values. When they value tribalism and white nationalism more than western values, it doesn’t. And a huge chunk of Americans do not. There’s nothing we can do about it either except sit back and watch.

But a significant percentage of those 60 million are manipulated into voting against their self-interests by exploiting irrational fears. It is incumbent on democrats to convince as many of those 60 million as possible that their quality of life would improve in tangible ways when the xenophobic, zero-sum tactics of the right are understood as the glib manipulative tools that they in fact are. Obviously that number will be, at best, a relatively small fraction of that 60 million but there is definitely significant room for improvement from the current status quo.

Republicans do not value democracy, but if they weren’t winning 45%+ of the vote every election it wouldn’t matter.

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, etc. only work in races that are more or less ties. If the GOP weren’t going to get at minimum 45% of the vote, then gerrymandering and voter suppression wouldn’t work.

The American government is dysfunctional because the people are dysfunctional. Many people value white nationalism above all else. Above democracy, above civility, above facts, above economic security, above competence. Above the ability to get healthcare when they are sick. Above their children’s futures. Its a shit situation.

I’m surprised there isn’t an exodus to foreign countries.

Pointing out deranged overreacting from unhinged and dishonest loons such as Stranger and the OP is not gloating.

There are meds that might help you.

Democracy doesn’t depend on western values. Democracy just means people get to have a vote. There is no guarantee that a democracy will be any better than mob rule. That’s why the US has a troubling document called the Constitution. I do find it very interesting that the left “discovers” an appreciation for restraint in government, checks and balances, and federalism when people don’t vote in left approved fashion.

I also find it interesting that the deranged in this thread are more concerned with those pointing out the deranged instead of being concerned with the mental health of the deranged.

Western values means a free press, independent judiciary, free and fair elections, respect for human and civil rights, honest and open dialogue, equality, secularism. All of which the modern right are declaring war on.

And their voters are fine with it. Thats the problem. If their voters weren’t ok with it, the politicians wouldn’t do it.

Democracy is much more fragile than we realized because it only lasts if the people want it. America won’t become a dictatorship, but we will probably become more and more like Poland.

If they are right, then the God-Fearing-Republican response to a literal baby holocaust was to cut back on the number of baby-murder-locations, cut back on government spending for baby-murders and require the duly licensed baby-murderers to hand out “Maybe you don’t need to murder your baby today” pamphlets.

If they’re right, we are ALL going to hell, and really, what good is going to hell if you’re STILL going to have the bible-thumpers there with you?

I think that’s what makes it hell.

Yeah, fuck those guys!

Can we assume you’re on the liberal/left side then? And haven’t liberals and the left said time and time again that everyone should be accepted regardless of their beliefs, sexual orientation, etc…?

So given that, why the hatred? Why can’t you accept republicans as they are?

Oh, wait now the left said is saying we need to suppress republicans and the right with severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression? Give that new stand, they have become fascist, and given you have painted all republicans with a broad brush, I will also paint all liberals and the left with the same brush.

Considering that you just got this fable about “the left” from the assertion of a single stranger on the internet, you’ve apparently already been this. No need to blame anyone else for something that you’ve been doing all along.

I know that the right seems to think that tolerance means you have to be a spineless, weak-willed acceptor of any and all hatred spewed by their side.

Interestingly enough, that’s not true.

I don’t have to accept you as you are, if you are a fount of intolerance and hatred.

And what, pray tell, are they?

Because I think you recognize that they’re terrible people, and that equating them with good persecuted people is a load of shit.

Sorry, I don’t understand gibberish.

Have I told you lately, to kiss my fucking ass?

Oh, and by the way…

Bitch McConnell (Turtle Boy) has “just noticed” (yeah right) that his big tax give away to the rich has exploded the deficit and has not generated any jobs or money. So he has decided he needs to fix it by “cutting entitlements” (fucking everyone else).

I was about to post this myself. The money quote from the Newsweek article

You won’t improve that much.

Why, oh why, aren’t you tolerating my intolerance?