Repubs have formed an openly racist caucus

Jesus fucking christ! I guess I’ll never stop being surprised how low these fuckers will go.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/548731-pro-trump-lawmakers-form-caucus-to-promote-anglo-saxon-political-traditions

Words fucking fail me.

Any of you shit-for-brains Republicans want to comment on this?

You don’t seem to be wording that as a good-faith request.

I am totally sincere when I say I want to hear comments from any shit-for-brains Republicans on this topic.

Well, if you’d like to hear from anyone else, feel free to mention that, too.

Sure thing!
I would also like to hear from the supposed “fence sitters” that seem to piss mostly on the Democratic side of the fence. :grin:

Anyone else you’d like to hear from?

How about you?

Gladly!

The OP’s quote says we’re “a nation with a border,” which I’m — okay with, I guess? Oh, “and a culture,” which — okay, sure. They also say that “societal trust and political unity are threatened when foreign citizens are imported en-masse into a country, particularly without institutional support for assimilation and an expansive welfare state to bail them out should they fail to contribute positively to the country,” which — sounds pretty sensible, actually.

I’m not a fan of the Anglo-Saxon line, but, hey, I’m not a fan of the shit-for-brains line either.

Here is a link to the seven page policy platform of the “America First” Caucus:
America First Caucus Policy Platform FINAL (punchbowl.news)

I can see why.

Who can refute a sneer?

Reading their platform, they do seem comic-bookishly evil.
This is well beyond racist. Racist is easy, Racist was the Dixiecrats. Racist is everywhere and in every country.

Line by line, subject after subject, this sub-group just looks like they should be twirling their handlebar mustaches or stroking their goatees and van dykes as they come up with their platform.

Please go more into this American culture you speak of.

How did they even make infrastructure support look foul?

The America First Caucus will work towards an infrastructure that reflects the architectural, engineering and aesthetic value that befits the progeny of European architecture,

More specifically, this “Anglo Saxon” culture, if you don’t mind.

You’re not concerned that these otherwise mundane-sounding assertions are exactly in line with the rhetoric spouted by white supremacists?

This is also white supremacist rhetoric… and it’s total bullshit. “trust and unity” are only threatened because white supremacists spread bullshit about immigrants. If we all were welcoming and compassionate, then there would be no threat at all to trust and unity. And there is plenty of institutional support for assimilation – immigrant assimilation is one of the things the US particularly excels at (see Dearborn, MI, or the major cities of the Eastern Seaboard for many examples).

Why not? Is it because that’s also a very common piece of rhetoric from white supremacists? If that’s the reason, then are you not concerned about Republicans copying white supremacists’ rhetoric?

Holy crap! That’s a bit harsh for The BBQ Pit, don’tcha think? :roll_eyes:

And that’s just the women!

America is a nation with a border, and a culture, strengthened by a common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions.

The dog whistles are now just whistles.