"These white supremacists make some good points." -The_Other_Waldo_Pepper

Everyone: That leaked America First Caucus document is super fucking racist.

@The_Other_Waldo_Pepper:

He goes on to make at least 70 posts over the course of the weekend defending this racist screed.

This includes more than a little strawmanning…

And sealioning…

Maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he doesn’t realize he’s defending a white supremacist manifesto.

If he’s not a white supremacist (and I have my doubts based on some of his previous posts on this board), he’s a white supremacist enabler which is just as bad. He’s a total piece of shit either way.

Even the white supremacist congresspeople behind this document are backing away from it for crying out loud.

Only because they made it too obvious, not because they disagree with it.

Huh. Did not expect him to actually say he agreed with parts of white supremacist rhetoric. Last I checked, he was still seeming to argue that it wasn’t really white supremacist.

I try to avoid arguments about hypotheticals these days because it’s so easy to fall down a rabbit hole like that, except it wasn’t all that hypothetical, and that isn’t a rabbit hole, it’s an ordinary big black circle hole in the ground with big orange barrels, sawhorses, and barbed wire blocking it off, and yellow and red striped danger signs posted every 3 feet around it. But the problem remains, if you try to objectively measure the imaginary constructs of those people who would commit suicide to defeat their enemies then you will end up in that hole anyway.

So @The_Other_Waldo_Pepper, do yourself a favor, give yourself a slap upside your head and drop it now.

Lance Turbo all but accused me of being a racist for accidentally referencing The Blaze.

oh shit dude. Where do we send the sympathy card?

The thing is, nobody needs him to start a rational discussion of the white supremacist manifesto, because that’s not the thing that needs to happen.

Someone serves me a plate with a lovely roast chicken wing, a perfectly baked potato, and a fresh, steaming turd, I don’t say, “Oh, the skin on that chicken is so crispy, and the potato is fluffy and wonderful, but I must say I don’t care for turds.” I tell them to get that plate the fuck out of my face, and I don’t eat anything else they serve ever again.

That doesn’t mean I reject roast chicken or baked potatoes. It means that that plate is tainted.

Similarly, if you send a document with two good points and one sooper racist point, I don’t need to analyze it. I reject that shit. Those two good points? Someone else can raise them, in another context, and we’ll have the discussion there.

TOWP seems unaware of the complete unnecessity of discussing the good parts of that document. Nobody needs that done. If there are points in it that are good, they’ll be just as good when someone who’s not a racist asshole raises them in another context, and they can be discussed in that context.

LOL. You sound like a dumb mother fucker. “All but”? Wow. Did you ever recover?

I’d love to see it in context, but a quick search doesn’t turn up any threads we’ve both posted in. However, I don’t care enough to try very hard to find it. Did you used to post under a different user name?

I was making a point, but if you’d rather be a prick.

What point? That someone didn’t call you a racist? That someone criticized The Blaze? That dumb arguments are generally ignored and mocked when presented without cites?

You’re correct it may have been under another name. I tried to look it up and couldn’t find it. Look up under the username Doyle. I believe you received a warning or some sort response from a mod.

Let us see if Lance Turbo responds to my upthread response. If I remembered incorrectly, I will apologize.

Here’s the post. It’s my only post in that thread.

WTF?

Is there a response from a mod?

I linked to the fucking thread.

I don’t understand. You have two user names? That’s not allowed. If that’s the case, I suggest you contact the mods and get that situation rectified.

Don’t worry. The mods have already been contacted.

It all happened during the big change over. Somehow, I couldn’t get back into my old account and created a new one.

Bone did tell you to knock it off. However, I will apologize for my exaggerated response. I somehow remembered it as being taken as a right wing agitator.

Yeah, and I was not even in the ballpark of, “All but calling you a racist.”

You started a thread based on a Blaze article and you were getting called out by a lot of posters for taking anything from that garbage source seriously.

You said you didn’t know that it was a shit source and would remember that in the future.

I asked if you would remember because I recalled that the exact same shit happened three years previously when you started a thread based on a Breitbart article (by fucking Milo).

Absolutely nothing about race.