Rest in Peace, Gunny Foley. Louis Gossett jr has died

Yahoo! ➜ Louis Gossett Jr., ‘An Officer and a Gentleman’ star who broke barriers in Hollywood, dies

Damn! Fine actor! Improved even sub-par films (The Deep) with just his presence.

Or those terrible Iron Eagle movies.

He was still working as recently as 2023, amazing.

I enjoyed a lot of movies with him in them. RIP, Mr. Gossett.

I really liked him in “Enemy Mine.”

^ Definitely!

Loved him in all of his roles. I still occasionally think, ‘I don’t see no horns.’

Iron Eagle? Yeah, a preposterous film… starting with the motorcycle vs. airplane race. But it was made before General Aviation’s death blow took full effect, and GA was still a thing. I do like seeing the aircraft the club members were flying.

The first one was only mildly terrible. Then they went downhill.

Agreed, and downhill at jet speed.

Boy it sure did.

I forgot that he played the role of Fiddler, in the Roots miniseries (1977).

Not a great picture.

He could take even a minor part and make you notice him. The first thing I remember him from is an episode of the old SF series “The Invaders”.

I remember him being in some bad movies. I don’t remember ever being bad in a movie.

I too love Enemy Mine.

According to Wikipedia, he was almost a victim of the Manson family back in 1969. He had been invited to go to Sharon Tate’s house that evening but was delayed.

he and Chuck Norris made the awful movie Firewalker watchable

Not only did he make a great Marine DI, I loved him as PI Marcus Aurelius Hayes on The Rockford Files.

“Mr Hayes, we were wondering when you plan on returning our limousine.”

“Sir, I’d like to keep this limo for a few more days. You see, I’m thinking of buying a whole fleet of limousines.”

“Go right ahead, Mr Hayes. Keep it as long as you like!”

RIP, Louis. You were hilarious in this role! :rofl:

He was fuckin’ great in that, right up till he got Eeled.

Guess what I first saw him in. Go on, guess. Go on. Go on. Give up?

The Powers Of Matthew Star.

It’s Diggstown that sticks in my head. Just entertaining all the way around.

You have to have some pretty good acting chops to be in a show with James Garner and Isaac Hayes and not get blown off the screen.

Fiddler’s death scene in “Roots”. Oh my God…