Restoring mundanity and pointlessness to the forum

I decided to take the name of all fifty states, rearrange the letters in alphabetical order, and then list the resulting words in alphabetical order.

aaaablm
aaakls
aaaknrss
aabeknrs
aacehmssssttu
aacfiilnor
aachilnnoorrt
aachilnoorstu
aadeelrw
aadenv
aadhknoortt
aadhkoosttu
aadiinn
aadlmnry
aaeilnnnpsvy
aahiiw
aahklmoo
aaiilnosu
aainorz
aaknss
aamnnot
acdlooor
acghiimn
addehilnors
adfilor
adhio
aeehhimnprsw
aeggior
aegiiinrstvw
aeimn
aeimnnost
aestx
aghinnostw
agiiinrv
ahtu
aiow
ccceinnottu
ceeimnowx
cekkntuy
eeeennsst
eeejnrswy
egnoor
eknorwy
enortvw
gimnowy
hioo
iimorssu
iiillnos
iiiimppssss

TL/DR

OMG I really like this, but I can’t explain why.

Unless I missed something, there are three winners for most use of a single letter, all with a letter used four times:

a: Alabama

s: Massachusetts

e: Tennessee

Your list is missing “ciinnossw”. <3

Oops, also:

s and i: Mississippi - the prizewinner

emnortv

I was thinking far too long about that one: “What other state has a w”?

I guess time weighs more heavily on some people’s hands than others’…

The funny thing is, to someone learning English for the first time, Ohio and Oregon are probably just as hard to remember as Hioo and Egnoor.

Rearranged Illinois looks closest to its standard order version than any of the others. I thought it was important to point this out.

You would think, by definition, that you can’t restore “pointlessness” as that’s the point! Or, something?

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be mississippi.

I can see the As pretty well. But I lose focus pretty quickly.

I still cannot figure out eknowy. But you left out ciinnossw. But fun.

M-I-crooked letter crooked letter-I-crooked letter crooked letter-I-humpback-humpback-I

Finally I realized it was eknowry—I missed the r.

I’m still stumped.

West Virginia otherwise known as aegiiinrstvw

There’s my state of “acdlooor” showing off it’s unique triple-O status.

I was doing a trivia quiz today and a question was about the letters in states’ names. That started me down the rabbit hole.