Return of the Jedi - some observations & thoughts

I saw that blotch too, (over broadcast TV, btw). What was that?

Here’s the answer. Scroll down to “The Emperor’s Slug’s”.

The absolute worst thing in ROTJ (and all SW movies): Chewbacca’s Tarzan yell when he’s swinging on the vine. Nothing else screams “this is a movie” louder.

I remember reading somewhere that the Emperor’s blotch was due to filming his scenes in front of bluescreen, and they didn’t take it out for the Special Edition because at the time they couldn’t get the digital airbrushing right to make it disappear convincingly, plus there were far too many frames involved.

For some reason the Emperor in ROTJ (not that dork who played him in ESB) has always reminded me of Ozzy Osbourne, and these days, after watching Father Ozzy on MTV, it seems like they could be brothers. (Hey, has anyone like Entertainment Weekly used “Ozzy And Harriet” when referring to “The Osbournes”? I just realized how obvious that pun is.)

Did anyone watching RotJ on TV notice the cameo appearance by Adolf Hitler?

Midway through the picture, when the rebels lay out their battle plans. Luke has just returned and has a perplexing reunion with Leia. Two shot with bro & sis in the foreground, and crouching right behind them: a man with a funny, fascist mustache.

Sure, it might be Charlie Chaplin. But somehow I don’t think so.

Thanks fer the link! Odd that Lucasfilm didn’t spend a few minutes fixing that while working on the “Special Edition”…

Based on some of the comments made I jsut wanted to point out that Ian McDiarmind who played the Emperor in ROTJ is the actor playing Palpatine and Darth Sidious in the prequels.

Just thought I’d point it out.

And please don’t say anything about spoilers because the only people who’d actually care already know or are mumbling idiots if they haven’t figured it out.

[hijack]
The Washington Post has, in a recent article. It compares how the “original” Ozzie was the archetype for all bumbling television patriarchs to follow – including Mr. Osbourne today.
[/hijack]