Revolution? Civil War? What's going to happen to the US?

If you don’t like foreigners criticizing Trump, stop Trump criticizing foreigners.
Same goes for Obama.

Exccept they do. Notice 24/7 riots in Califnrornia because liberals asre terrified that Trump has red pilled the masses? You’re right, it won’t be 400, it will be 538 electoral vote landslide.

I too agree that a somewhat flexible “fiscal decade” is inherently superior to the actual numerical decade.

And it is true for what we call “the fifties” and “the seventies” too.

Personally I have felt the sixties ended with the resignation of Nixon in 1974. Coincidentally perhaps but that is also the year of the first disco recording to hit #1 on the charts in the UK and US. The sixties were definitely over! :eek:

You have a cite for those 24/7 riots? I’m traveling out there for a wedding in a couple months and want to avoid the carnage, if possible.

I can’t wait to see a Ken Burns style PBS documentary on such a war:
“Dearest Abigail, It is uncharacteristicly warm here in Northern California, as has been the trend since President Trump abolished the Envir”
7 minute ago

“onmental Protection Agency in '18. A melancholy has fallen over the camp as our regiment has failed to make any headway penetrating the Pal”
6 minute ago

“o Alto Free Bubble Zone and supplies have been in short supply as much of our equipment is oursourced to China. More concerning is word tha”
5 minute ago

“t we are to face the 99th Massachusetts, the first all-inclusive infantry regiment, in glorious battle in the morning. It is rumored that t”
5 minute ago

“he men, women and…miscellaneous of the 99th have all achieved the rank of general, and each has received the Congressional Medal of Partic”
4 minute ago

“ipation. But do not be fearful, as by God’s will we will be victorious in pwning the rebels and uniting our divided nation. Please do not”
2 minute ago

“forget to like my battle footage on YouTube tomorrow. Your dearest love, Jedidiah. #civilwar2_0
1 minute ago

Trump is the king of distractions - fight chaos with more chaos.

Obviously he needs the ultimate political distraction, a war, with North Korea the most likely target.

The question is: will the citizens allow it one more time? And what form will it take - just a missile exchange, or US troops landing at Inchon?

It always works. The citizens back the President in time of war. Never underestimate the intelligence of the American people, (Mencken paraphrased).

Crane

That is awesome.

I guess those things must not be happening, because Trump isn’t becoming more popular.

This is almost impossible to prove or disprove.

I’d argue that what he is becoming is more beloved by some and more reviled by others. The headcount(s) may not be moving very much one way or another; I don’t know of good data. But I believe the oil and water are separating ever more rapidly and with ever greater vehemence.

At no small risk to the Republic.

A truly interesting phenomenon is that Trump may in fact be the first third party President. He’s obviously no Democrat. Neither is he exactly a Republican although he’s got some common cause with both the fat-cat wing and with the alt-wacko wing of the Republicans. But the “mainstream” Rs are much the biggest faction in their party.

So at least as to relations with Congress this resembles a third party victory. Not that Trump has, or will create, an actual factual party around him. But just in terms of the working relationship with Congress which will be more adversarial with both sides rather than aligned with one.

Right about now.

A little over 3 years would have been the correct guess :cry:.

If the American people will elect someone who’s an actual leader for president as opposed to someone starring in his own “reality” show, many issues will simmer down, IMHO.

If the U.S. has a second civil war, it will not be a neat sectional conflict like the first one. It will be like the English Civil War, where one side controls one town and the other side controls the next one over – and that’s assuming it does not descend to the neighborhood level, which it would.

Of course, no one can stand against the U.S. armed forces. So the only way a civil war can happen is if the armed forces themselves divide.