thin I am quick
Fat I am slow
wind is my foe

What is the answer, casue I don;t have a clue! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dopers needed, jump in PLEASE!:

Fire wood?

Nope.

Its one of Gollums riddles here:http://www.tolkien.co.uk/frame.asp

It’s a candle. Fat candles burn slower than thin candles.

Blake, my friend and i were working on that for the past 2 hours. YOu made us look stupid.

Any time.

Well I just finished the whole thing since I posted that aswer. Two wrong, one on a spelling mistake (it won’t accept plurals) and one on an answer that I will dispute.

Next…

when I am filled
I can point the way
When I am empty
nothing moves me
I have two skins
One without, and one within

I can’t even figure out the first one!

Got it!
On the third one now

Monkey Mule: a glove!

I realize that you’re looking for the answer(candle) that matches your source, but wouldn’t firewood fit the bill as well?

Firewood would work, but not as well as a candle because firewood isn’t normally thought of as being extinguished by wind.

I ran into he same problem with the ‘stars’ question. I answered ‘shadows’, which fits the question, but not as well as the real answer.

I put in the correct answer for the fifth one, and it won’t accept it no matter how I spell it. Fuck the shit fanboys.

What’s the answer to ‘It walks east, west, north and south. Has a tongue, but nary a mouth’.

A shoe.

"I put in the correct answer for the fifth one, and it won’t accept it no matter how I spell it. "

What is the fifth one?

At night, they come… stars

Okay, what’s in my pocket?

String or nothing.

String or nothing.

And why is this thread in Cafe Society and not MPSISM or GQ.?Aside fromt he very tenuous Tolkein link