RIP Jim Seals (Seals & Crofts)

Jim Seals Dead: Seals and Crofts ‘Summer Breeze’ Singer Was 80 - Variety

A friend posted of his passing on Facebook, without citation. I told him I couldn’t find anything in the news about it, and he replied:

A musician friend heard the news from a musician friend of his, and shared on his timeline.

Will be in the news soon.

And now it is.

Trivia: Jim’s brother, Dan Seals, is the “England Dan” of England Dan and John Ford Coley.

mmm

And I heard that it was Jim Seals who gave his brother the name “England Dan”.

I could never remember if Dan Seals was England Dan or the Seals in Seals & Crofts. When I heard that it was Jim Seals who gave his brother the name, that is now how I remember which group Dan Seals was in.

Dan and Jim were working on a album. It would have been the first time the brothers released music together. Just imagine the harmonies they could create.

Dan died of Mantle cell lymphoma in 2009. I listen to his solo 80’s country hits regularly.

AFAIK Jim never released the material he recorded with Dan.

RIP Guys and thank you for the music.

Site: Pop Singer 'England Dan' Seals Dies From Cancer | Fox News

“Summer Breeze” and “Diamond Girl” were exemplary. Soft, pretty rock is just as fine as hard rock. A great song is a great song.

An old friend is a radio host. He broadcasts online, and I’ll often tune in to hear his show. I tuned in tonight, and messaged him to let him know about Jim Seals. He’d already heard, and put together a nice little segment on Seals’ music in his broadcast tonight.

Soft rock is just fine, and Seals and Crofts were important in that genre. Sad to hear that he’s gone.

Summer Breeze! One of the best songs of summer.