"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" trailer

Wow.

I’m reluctant to get too excited based on a trailer but based on how The Force Awakens turned out under Disney’s guidance, this looks pretty darned good. I won’t bring up too many points from the trailer until folks have a chance to see them for themselves.

Can’t wait! So many cool things in that trailer, so many new things, old things, and all faithfully crafted! So happy!

Looks pretty sweet.

Don’t think I saw anyone from Rebels. What are the odds that we see an Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka, or even a Chopper, in the movie?

Is the Mon Mothma footage archival or did they hire a Caroline Blackiston doppleganger? Because Blackiston hasn’t looked like that for decades.

In Revenge of the Sith an actress named Genevieve O’Reilly was cast as Mon Mothma. And this is her again, now looking even more like Caroline Blakiston, which is pretty damned impressive casting.

Dude, that lady looked a lot like the lady from Star Wars. That’s amazing.

Looks fun.

I am coming to this thread completely ignorant of the plot. So this takes place before the plans of the Death Star are obtained and given to Leia to transport in Ep4: a New Hope? Or does this character actually obtain the plans for Leia?

Rogue One is the story of how the rebels acquired the Death Star plans.

Will we finally see just how many Bothans die for this information?

That was for the second Death Star. Bothans were not involved in the first.

That was for the 2nd Death Star, not the first.

EDIT: Ninja’d!

I guess we’ll have to wait for Rogue Two for that.

I thought Phineas and Ferb covered that.

There ya go - thanks!

Pay closer attention to the post.

Wow. I’ve avoided the prequels like the plague, so I didn’t know they’d recast the part. That IS very impressive…I couldn’t honestly tell the difference in the trailer.

I hope we get to see more life under imperial rule. Outside of Tatooine, we only really every saw the rebel bases and imperial bases. There wasn’t much about what life was actually like.

And while I WAS hoping, when I first heard about this project, that it would be a series of films about the Wedge-Antilles-led Rogue Squadron (which had their own extensive subgenre in the EU), I’m okay with this, too, and will probably go see it.

I’m excited about the premise of this one. The rebels trying to capture the plans for the Death Star is very unlike any of the other movies, which I was hoping these “non series” movies would attempt. Also will be interesting to see a SW movie without the Force playing a part.

To me, that is the very definition of a great teaser trailer.