Russian troll on the SDMB?

Last month, Samantha Bee interviewed two of the online trolls hired by Russia to meddle with the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

With that in mind, we have dave23, a brand-new poster, who in this post, quoted HurricaneDitka and stated in response:

So let’s see:
[ul]
[li]dave23 is evidently capable of quoting HurricaneDitka, even sucessfully snipping the relevant part he is responding to.[/li][li]However, he apparently thinks the election is still ongoing, and is “hoping Trump will win these elections.”[/li][li]He also expresses his opposition to Clinton, because “Clinton nothing did during his presidency.”[/li][/ul]
There is some weapons-grade ignorance going on here (or someone is just screwing with us). Who could be so ignorant as to think the election was still happening, or to not realize who the current President is? Throw in the fractured English, and you have a trifecta.

Also note that dave23 has no real point to his post other than to express his hope that Trump wins the election. His post is also fairly innocuous and inoffensive, like someone used to flying under the radar and not getting their comments flagged and deleted.

So what do you think? Do we have our very own Russian troll here on the SDMB?

P.S. Kudos to emcee2k’s response to dave23’s post:

:slight_smile:

Maybe when Trump starts jailing or deporting people he should START with the damn Russians??

To quote Casablanca,

“Well there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn’t advise you to try to invade.”

Who said the Russians in question were here in the U.S.? Samantha Bee flew to Moscow for her interview with the two online trolls that Russia allegedly paid to shill for Trump online.

Good quote, from a great film :slight_smile:
But he’ll never cross the Russians, they OWN his fat orange ass.

Horrorshow! Totally horrorshow, my droogies!

If Russia is hiring people to meddle with the election, and those people are so stupid that they think the election is still going on, then I think we can all breathe a big sigh of relief.

I would agree with you, if Trump hadn’t actually won the election. :dubious:

Maybe the trolls are still posting out of inertia, or have been instructed to continue until Trump is actually inaugurated. Or maybe they’re going to continue posting indefinitely, eventually moving on to future elections (starting with the 2018 midterms), or other projects that advance Russia’s interests.

I think it will be a permanent thing. Just because the election is over, doesn’t mean ALL the agitprop will stop.

Divide and conquer comes to mind.

…and from There.

Technically speaking, Trump hasn’t won until the members of the Electoral College cast their votes and elect him, so Dave23 is technically correct.

Not being American, nor Russian, I had not heard of this strange old person, but apparently she was hoaxed by a pair of conmen.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/11/24/comedians-as-sycophants-samantha-bee-john-oliver-and-the-democrats/

The delightful thing being she prolly flew there full of self-importance thinking her operation would be crucial and a game-changing event in politics.

Rather like when people deliver petitions to the White House demanding the president and congress spend half the budget investigating the Hollow Earth.

Sorry, I think I missed the introduction a few days ago. From which country is this sock of yours alleged to hail?

Alas, I’ve just banned dave. Rather than a Russian troll, it was just your garden variety comment spammer from India. Posts are gone.

We actually did have a Russian troll on here. Some kind of Russian journalist in the US posting against The Democrats. I don’t think he was hired to do it. Just my opinion. He did come back three times as a sock.

Banned name!

I just checked your history using the “find all posts by user” and you are one hard working little weirdo.

Been here about a week and you’re posting 11 posts a day, all in political threads, comparing Clinton to Cthulhu. Especially active in the middle of the night for the western hemisphere. You must be some kinda night owl to have pressing political opinions that just have to be expressed at 2 and 4 AM eastern standard time.

Stop insulting the Russians by implying that they’ve got nothing better to do than to troll SDMB. We are an ancient people with many noble traditions and a wickedly cynical sense of humor, who would much rather be hacking into things.

Wait, wha?

First of all, what is a comment spammer? I’m assuming that after establishing bona fides as a “legitimate” poster through (relatively) innocuous posts, dave was going to start (or had started) adding links to websites he was trying to divert people to, right? Because otherwise what’s the point?

Secondly, we really did have a Russian troll, working as a “journalist” (read government-paid shill?), trying to influence the election? That’s huge news!

As everybody knows, as the SDMB goes, so goes…ah, somebody!

Except for the billion in loans the Chinese have on his testicles.