Ryan Reynolds is selling booze

Ryan Reynolds has apparently bought a distillery. And in this video he explains the painstaking process of making gin. It’s worth checking out.

He has a stake in it, not the sole owner, right? Dan Ackroyd does vodka. Maynard James Keenan wine.

Sammy Hagar was at one time the sole owner of Cabo Wabo Tequila, a tequila I really liked. He sold the brand and is no longer a distilerito.

George Clooney did okay with his tequila business.

Wait a second. That article says: “The company sold to Diageo for $1 billion (£79 million) in June 2017.”

That’s an exchange rate of over twelve dollars to one pound. Which has never happened.

Everybody and his dog does wine. It seems these days you’re not a real Hollywood celebrity unless you own a California vineyard! The Francis Ford Coppola Winery is one of the most respected ones. Even Wayne Gretzky got in on the act. Dan Akroyd has a stake in a Canadian winery in the Niagara region.

They probably just dropped a zero. £790 million is approximately $1 billion USD.

It’s pretty good gin.

This video is entertaining too. I didn’t even know he had a twin.

Perhaps Ryan Reynolds can learn how to do upholstery, and then we can all buy a sofa from him. When he gets good enough at, say, acting, to be worth a $10 ticket, I’ll consider paying him $25 to tell me what gin to buy.

Right. I named those two, because a) the Crystal skull is super cool, even though I’d never buy it as it’s expensive vodka. And the guy from Tool settling down to make well regarded wines in John McCain’s backyard of all places tickles me.

I used to dislike him, but he’s grown on me.

Sammy is still in the spirits business. Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum was distilled in Maui using sugar from fields surrounding the distillery. After the Maui sugar mill shut down they moved production to Puerto Rico. It is now distilled by the same company that makes Don Q rum. If you can find the Hawaiian made product grab some—it’s a delightful little mixer. The Puerto Rican stuff is trash.

Sammy has also partnered with that guy from Maroon 5 and The Voice to make Santa Mezquila, a blend of tequila and Mezcal.

Neither product has been as successful as Cabo Wabo.

I’ll have to look for Sammy’s latest. I really like Cabo Wabo.

For the record, my intent in this thread was to point people in the direction of a video I found amusing not to start a discussion of celebrity-owned liquor brands.

You’ve been here long enough to know that YOU DON’T OWN US! WE DO WHAT WE WANT!
:smiley:

Calm down. Have a drink.

I’m always researching American craft spirits (specifically rum) and I’ve read a lot of BS from distillers regarding their processes. So I was laughing at this from the start. He captured the tone perfectly.

As entertaining as it was I’ve never been able to get into gin so I won’t be buying any.