Sad news for ladies of the SDMB

His eyes are too close to his eyebrows. That’s the flaw. Plus he always had moobs. And shiny orange skin.

I feel so judgmental!

Yes? :wink:
Well, no, but being a sex symbol gets harder when you get older. Trust me, I know.

I’m ready to believe that he’s a perfectly nice and decent human being. But making a career out of being on the covers of romance novels is something that is bound to end up with you being the butt of jokes. Don’t get me wrong, if I could have had his career I wouldn’t have turned it down (seems to me like a fun and easy job that brought him more money than I earn), but I would be prepared for people to crack wise at my expense.

Meh. I prefer Kevin Sorbo.

Romantically, yes.

His wikipedia entry says he’s 52, but I still think that’s about 5 years low.

Joe

And now he’s doing Toyota commercials along with such superstars as Erik Estrada.

I never found him attractive in the least. I like an interesting face on a man, not a perfectly symmetrical cube with features and girl hair.

But I do seem to remember he was ok with making fun of himself, I think he parodied himself in a sketch (maybe SNL?), but I appreciate anyone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.

I am so stealing this.
Fabio never appealed to me but one has to admire his marketing skills. Name one other cover model.

I rather liked the one at the end of a Roseanne episode (the snippets they had during the credits). Dan went into the bathroom, then Fabio came out and go into bed with Roseanne. He embraced her, then started to say something in Dan’s voice. Roseanne said “Dan, don’t talk”.

He was also in some TV commercial recently - for a car, I think.

I don’t think the long-hair look really works for him at this age.

Looking at the link with all of his book covers, I’m surprised how many on them feature him in a pants-free state.

I have definitely learned to appreciate the older male. :wink:

Amen, sister!

I have to agree with never finding him all that sexy and his features being kind of off. His face is a bit too square. I also thought he was older than 50, but I will give him props for still being physically fit. Must be all that “not butter”.

I will give an “amen” to Kevin Sorbo!

I always appreciated him as a guy who lucked into a great gig and knew it was silly. That and his ability to make fun of himself for it.

Still, this is his finest hour.

He’s adorable in that video. It also demonstrates why he has that goofy hair. It’s only there to be unleashed from headwear, and to blow in the breeze.

It all depends on the man. I don’t have any interest in Fabio, but the musician Tim Finn and his brother Neil are both sexy.

It’s not what it’s cracked up to be.

Yes, and that’s why we love him! I would say 999 out of 1000 average men look like jackasses in a pants-free state and that’s why you don’t see average men on covers of romance novels.

And all of you just knock it off, Kevin Sorbo is MINE!
Oh. Forgot. Saw Fabio’s house on some lifestyles of celebrities show a few years ago, easy to tell he wasn’t married: his kitchen was FULL of motorcycles. Parked there, on the kitchen floor. I thought that was hilarious!