Saddam's Taxi?

"U.S. forces found weapons and about $750,000 in U.S. $100 bills with the former dictator, Sanchez said, along with two AK-47s, a pistol and a white and orange taxi. " (bolding mine, of course)

This can’t be what I’m thinking it is (Saturday Night Live has GOT to use this). What is meant by taxi in this quote?

http://www.news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2298636

An orange and white taxi was parked nearby.

I was honestly hoping this was usage of “Taxi” that I hadn’t encountered before. Damned semiliterate CNN reporters.

Now I’ve got stereotype giggles thinking of SH as an aggressive & deadly cabbie in NY.

Appologies for what turned out to be a dumb question.

It’s a taxi. As in cab. He also used it to travel incognito during the first Gulf War. The presence of the taxi leads many to presume that he was not staying underground all the time. The further presumptions include the idea that during his forays above ground, he was working to manage the insurgency against coalition troops, and that the cache of cash he had (probably part of the massive cash withdrawals he made immediately preceeding the invasion) was being used to help fund the insurgents.

All of this is presumption, but it’s hard to say that it doesn’t listen.

He hardly ever was underground, it appears. He only went to his little hole when troops were nearby. He primarily stayed in the farmhouse, which had a bedroom and a basic kitchen.