Saddest single episodes of TV series

I have asked you OVER and OVER not to bother me with the facts. Facts are for women, liberals, and Frenchmen.

I’m sorry I missed the TZ version. I saw The Sci-Fi Channel’s version, which was bad.

Yes, as is the episode where Dr Cox inadvertently kills the same number of patients – including one that was in no immediate danger of dying – by using organs from a rabid donor and then suffers a small mental breakdown that is the main plotline of the episode immediately following it.

That episode – My Lunch – and My Screw Up, the Brendan Frasier episode mentioned above, are the highest rated episodes of *Scrubs *at tv.com

The last episode of Dinosaurs.

May we assume that involves a cometary impact?

What use is a husband if you can’t cry on his shoulder? (Yeah, I came here for this one too)

There’s two from Babylon 5 that come to mind:

Confessions and Lamentations:An entire race is at risk when a 100% fatal disease becomes widespread. Their religious views prevent them from looking for medical treatment, as they feel it’s a punishment for their sins, but one doctor does try to help. A cure is eventually found, but too late–the entire race has already perished.
Rising Star:Ivanova is critically injured and there is no hope to save her. Marcus finds a reference to a machine that can heal her, but only at the cost of the life of another. He rushes back to the station from the battlefield, knocks out the infirmary staff and gives his own life to save hers.
My favourite character death of any series–not only very touching, but I also love her reaction at the beginning of the next episode.

[Dad from “Mary Poppins”]Kindly do not confound the matter with facts![/Dad from MP]

Anyway, I too came in to post about Jurassic Bark. I was crying by the end of it, too.

Also the “Funhouse” ep of “Sopranos” because

It’s the one where Big Pussy is killed.

“My Screw Up” really got me. Best Episode, imho.
“Hard Luck Woman” from Cowboy Bebop. The “Call me” - Sequence is a real tearjerker, and it obviously starts the ending of the series. Even the last 2 Episodes aren’t as sad, somehow.

ER: Love’s Labor Lost - the episode where the woman needs a Cesarean, and no one from the OB/GYN staff is available.

http://www.tv.com/law-and-order-special-victims-unit/shaken/episode/285120/summary.html

At the end the mother admits she killed her own child, shaking her to calm down so that she can entertain her boyfriend in the other room. Wish I could find the video clip: she says, “She laid down again and smiled at me.” The child later died in her sleep, IIRC. It was such a chilling moment—to know that you’d just killed your child and her last act was to show you love. The actress totally nailed the moment.

Supernatural: when

Sam dies at the end of season two, clutched in his brother’s arms. I still can’t watch that one without getting sniffly.

Lost: when

Charlie dies (although Jin [del]dyign[/del] just resting for a little bit, he’ll be fine works for me too).

24: when

at the end of season three, Jack just completely breaks down in his car and loses it, crying into the steering wheel–it was such a raw emotional *human *moment for him, after all the standard superheroics.

I’m gonna have add “Jurassic Bark” to that, too.

Another for Jurassic Bark. *The Sting *stings too.
Someone is going to say it at some stage but the final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth was another weepy.

Dr. Greene dying on ER. I just saw it the other day and blubbered like a baby boy. He spends his last hours alive trying to give his daughter happy memories of him.

A deep freeze, actually.

ER: the episode when Dr. Mark Green (Anthony Edwards) dies from a brain tumor :frowning: The song “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” performed by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole was played during that episode and still haunts me to this day. It makes me cry.

Also ER: The “Time of Death” episode starring Ray Liotta as an alcoholic in the final stages of cirrhosis. This episode was unbelievable. Liotta should have received an award for this.

Oh, how I bawled like a little girl, and so did my daughter. Watching Ivanova’s reaction the following week seriously did me in. I still can’t watch it without pausing at least once to get myself back under control.

My son was just a wee lad when it first aired, but he watched the DVDs with me awhile back and he had to get up and leave the room because he didn’t want me to see him crying.

The episode where Ivanova’s speaking to her hospitalized father didn’t do me any favors either.

Go here:
http://web.mit.edu/m-I-t/science_fiction/transcripts/jms_jablokov_index.html

and then scroll down about 3/4 of the way–it’s a bit of a slog–to the red section called Creativity and Communities, then look under that to see J. Michael Straczynski himself comment on the dispute with the network over “The Cold Equations.”
I knew I hadn’t dreamed that up.

I’m going to be the dissenting voice here and say I did not like the Scrubs episode “My Screw-Up.” I actually just watched it on DVD for the first time, and immediately realized it made no sense. Before the big reveal that Brendan Fraser’s character has been dead all this time (shades of The Sixth Sense), the entire cast except for Dr. Cox are just bopping along happily like they usually do. It makes no sense that they, especially J.D., would not have some lingering reaction to his death. Instead, they are having silly arguments about Turk’s mole. It was shameless writer’s manipulation to disguise the reveal.

On the other hand, I really liked the episode where the young woman who envisioned death as a Broadway musical gets her touching finale with the cast joining in.

The previously mentioned “Jurassic Bark” is the only T.V. episode that has made me sob and sob and sob, long after it was over. It was just such a depressing punch in the gut, and sad animals really get me.

Another one for Jurassic Bark.

I got all misty-eyed over the death of Dr. Green on ER, but now that my mother has recently passed away from a brain tumor, there’s no way I could ever watch that again without coming completely unglued.

Which was…?