Sam Stone believes Trump's tweets

(Post withdrawn by auteur, will never be seen, because it is too good a film for you people. )

(Post withdrawn by otter, will be automatically reposted on YouTube, it was too adorable for this thread.)

(Post withdrawn by Otto, will be reposted after German unification.)

(Post withdrawn by insistent community consensus, over the strident objections of the inebriated writer.)

(Post not withdrawn as there was nothing posted to withdraw)

(post withdrawn by OH NO THERE’S A RABID COYOTE ATTACKING ME AHH AHHH AGGGHH OH THE HUMANITY THE BLOOD OH GOD OH GOD AHGHHHGHHH)

You didn’t think a rabid coyote would eat your face?

(Post with drawn, bi author)

Golf clap.

How did you post that image? I found a great pencil-drawn Bea Arthur but it gives me an error when I try to upload it.

I just did a google image search, right click copied the image I wanted, and pasted it into the post. Like this:

(Pic unrelated)

When I try that it gives me the same error message: “Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.”

Is it because you’re a mod?

I also got an error message. Maybe the board doesn’t like aquatic mammal avatars.

We aren’t supposed to upload pictures directly into a post, which is what Miller did. It used to be a backdoor ability, but it seems the function was disabled for non-mods. I doubt that even mods are supposed to be doing this, though.

When you upload a picture, as opposed to a link to the picture, it’s stored on the Discourse servers and costs the SDMB money (indirectly, by filling server storage more rapidly and requiring a more expensive plan to store all the pictures). Text of course has negligible storage requirements compared to even a small picture.

Oooh, @Miller is in trouble!!

Well, hell, I had no idea. I’ll stop doing that.

A successful reverse modding is a rare thing. I will treasure the moment.

Inline images are no problem of course. For instance, this just links to an external site:

Not all sites support that, though, and if the URL doesn’t end in jpg/png, then Discourse won’t detect that it’s an image. In that case, create a post at Imgur or another image hosting site and link to that. It’s a few extra steps but pretty easy.

For god’s sake, no one tell andy how to post that!

[Discourse has rightly sensed that we do not want pictures of Bea Arthur.]

What about naked pictures of Walter Brennan?

Especially never naked pictures of Walter Brennan.

Sean Connery or Daniel Craig, eh, maybe.