samples for special needs kids

I am looking to find Free samples for some special needs kids to help teach hygein and for them to use at home. Anyone got any ideas on how to find them.:confused:

A local hotel may be willing to donate soap and shampoo, and you can probably get toothpaste, toothbrushes and floss from your dentist.

If you’re in a school setting, why not post something on donorschoose.org ?

My church (UU ) collects soap and toiletries for distribution to the poor, I assume this is not unique. You have what sounds like a worthy aim, so if you can find a church that will let you put out a 5 gallon bucket with a sign on it, you can probably get what you need. You need to be sure to place it on a table or counter so that it is not mistaken for a trash can.

Target and Walmart both make very large efforts to support local causes. Consider asking them for donations.

Note: the effectiveness of this may depend on whether you are a charity, or are associated with one. If you are not a charity yourself, perhaps a better first step would be to contact one that deals with these issues and see if they can provide something.

Since the OP is looking for advice, let’s move this to IMHO.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Free samples of what, precisely?

Dermatologist’s offices get a lot of samples of soap, shampoo, lotion, and sunscreen, and sometimes deodorant. You could call a few and ask for donations.

The church food/clothing pantry I sometimes volunteer with puts together hygiene kits they hand out to homeless visitors and really, anyone who asks. If there was a good reason, like if they were at-risk like special needs children, they might be willing to donate locally. They don’t ever have enough already but if it was a big enough need they’d probably rouse up some churches to donate to them.

You could check around some of your local pantries?