Similarly, if you do engage anybody, I’d be interested in hearing if they’re boasting how many Trump rallies they have attended. We’ve heard before how some, like Deadheads, follow Trump from rally to rally.
Yarp, as I said, “possibly an invitation to violence”, I don’t respect you any less for protecting you and yours.
Of course, just saying the above makes me despair of the current USA.
ANYWAY, additional request, if Trump goes with any of his casual incitements to violence against his political enemies, try to gauge the audience’s enthusiasm. Again, outside his efforts to subvert the Federal military / Homeland Security / ICE / FBI etc., these people will likely be the frontline of informers/supporters.
That piques my interest. Is the cost of, say, a t-shirt at a Trump rally more or less than at your typidcal arena music concert? What’s the highest priced piece of merch on sale.? How much do they charge to have your photo taken with one of those giant cutout? For that matter, did the concessionaire boost the cost of a hot dog?
Don’t know about the hot dog (or tshirt - I’ve seen more performances of The Magic Flute than I’ve seen rock concerts in total - but yes, I will buy food if it’s available.
I don’t know how a non-believer could stand to listen to that voice for an extended (or any) period of time. You might want to bring earplugs to help muffle the sound a bit.
I’m curious how the crowd will react when Trump inevitably says something that just straight up doesn’t make sense. His brain has melted down to the point where he recently conflated Iran’s nuclear program with illegal drugs. So he wasn’t just bombing their nukes, he was also bombing their narcotics production at the same time. And he said this in front of a live audience:
I don’t suppose they will heckle him for this kind of thing but I’d still be curious how they react.
Thought of another one:
Attendance. Media reports inform us that the nosebleed seats at recent rallies have been sparsely populated, if not totally empty. “Fake news,” says Trump, who claims that the place was packed, and thousands were turned away.
OP, maybe you could give us the (heh) Straight Dope?
It’s Texas. I’d wear a kevlar helmet and bullet proof vest.
Wow.
Not in my lifetime.
Stay safe. Scope the exits out ahead of time.
The go-to is usually “As long as it pisses off the Democrats, it is the right thing to say”.
I don’t believe they are actually listening to what he says. Like Pavlov’s dogs, they just respond to his cues. They are there to be in his presence, not to hear a speech.
I am interested in seeing:
- Inna’s reaction. Born in the Soviet Union, raised a son as a single mother in Kyrgyzstan for 15 years, this will be her first American political event ever. Go big or go home, I guess.
- Crowd vs venue (11,700) size.
- If there is a lot of mulling about, people talking to each other. I kinda feel like there will be a sizable contingent who just walk around glad-handing.
I can’t think of any circumstance where I would voluntarily go to any political rally even for a candidate I like. I’m sure I have a price but so far no one is offering. I am looking forward to the eyewitness account.
He got cheers for this new riff last night, and when he gets cheers he usually tries it again. If he does, how big will the San Antonio cheers be?
That’s interesting. Usually with these classic acts the audience only wants to see the hits and they head off to the bathroom when they start playing things off their new album.
It is so great to see a US President allow that a war enemy can take out a major US city. No biggie. And also, great to see these US “patriots” cheer about it.
It’s like he thinks there’s no MAGA in San Diego just because it’s in California. Reinforces the observation that he cares nothing about his supporters or his country.
Yes. 1M+ R voters getting killed is a sacrifice he’s prepared to make.
…you know… morons.
Normally, I want as many as possible to vote…but his supporters can be dangerously sick fucks hell-bent on harming, if not killing, their “enemies”.
Too good not to use, honestly…