Santorum: not enough people to support Social Security, due to (drum roll) abortions!

You know, this coming Republican primary season looks to be very entertaining. Here’s another installment for your delectation and pleasure.

That’s right. Our population is not growing fast enough. What we need is more unwanted babies who will end up at minimum wage jobs, or on welfare, so that they can pay into the Social Security system to support :smack: oh wait, maybe that doesn’t work.

I’ll bet he’s in favor of tightening down on immigration, too.

But there aren’t enough people in the United States. That’s our problem in a nutshell (with emphasis on the nut).
Roddy

Someone aborted Santorum’s brain.

Egad…

As a good Pennsylvanian I feel compelled to apologize to the rest of the US for Rick Insanitorum.

That’s also, scarily, not the stupidest statement he’s ever made. He’s the same Rick Santorum who once said that homosexuality was as big a threat to society as pedophilia, and bestiality.

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Dan Savage for this. Mr. Santorum will be a talking head forever, but with that kind of baggage, it should be difficult (if impossible) for him to ever get elected to a position of power again.

I was really doubting the effect that might have - that people really don’t have any idea about the connection. But seriously - google “santorum”. The top two hits are Dan Savage’s Spreading Santorum website designed for googlebombing, and the second is the wiki linked above.

Further down is an article entitled “Rick Santorum’s Anal Sex Problem”!

I think the best way for a Doper to understand the comments by the former senator is with a simple SAT-like analogy:

Rick Santorum : abortion :: Le Jacquelope : outsourcing

Santorum is absolutely right. My Social Security benefits are in jeopardy because you younger Dopers have been selfish and refusing to breed, solely to gratify material desires and flaunt your “abortion culture”. You know who you are, with your IPhones, Ipads, I-whatevers, jib-jabbering away and sexting when you could be having real unprotected sex and then screaming at a house full of little ones instead.

Time’s a-wastin’ - get out there (or in there, for privacy’s sake) and produce a mess of chillun, pronto.

::golf clap:: Bravo! Now tell us to get off your lawn and go watch some Lawrence Welk reruns on PBS! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, technically speaking all three approximate zero on the threat scale, so Santorum is right. Though one suspects Santorum isn’t a mathematician.

@$%&&^%$$%^&()*&^

By this logic all contraception should be illegal. I’d better get ahead of the curve and rent out my womb now, before I’m forced to do it later to fund Boomer retirement.

Not allowed. PBS must be destroyed.
I thought Welk was enough to destroy it, but I was wrong.,

Lawrence Welk has some redeeming moments :smiley:

I can’t wait to see what amazing pro-family policies he’s proposing or supporting – stuff like mandatory paid parental leave for all new parents, free daycare, funding more access to family planning centers like Planned Parenthood and the like, I assume.

Perhaps he is going for some sorta Solyent Orange approach to the starving elderly?

Grubby, snot-sleeved, scabby-kneed butt munchkins. Gotta be mandatory, nobody in their right mind would saddle themselves so. And you have to bend down even to hit them!

But its crucial in a man’s development. He spends his adolescence and early manhood amassing and polishing his share of dignity, the peacock’s tail and the bull’s horns. But a permanent state of dignity is confining, a man cannot reach true adulthood while still enslaved to his dignity. It must be shattered.

"Yes, dear"s can bruise it a bit, tatter it, dim the luster. But to grind it to dust and scatter it to the winds, you gotta have a baby. Its a little like what Zsa Zsa Gabor said about men and marriage, a man isn’t complete until he is married, then he is finished.

Hmmmmm, now that ya mention it, I’ve never seen Santorum and **Le Jac **together in public…

:dubious:

:eek:

Well that 'splains a whole helluva lot.

It’s funny, but I can never think of of santorum without thinking of that frothy mix that accompanies anal sex.
Just doing my part.:smiley:

Didn’t Santorum bring his stillborn child’s corpse home? That right there should tell you that attempting to reason out Santorum’s words and actions will boot nothing. He is mad.

You know, I hate the guy with a passion, but attacking him and his family for how they grieved for their lost child is just low. Yes, they brought the body home for a night, held him, and grieved together as a family. I don’t think there’s anything wrong or “mad” about it.