Sarah Palin Pranked; Thinks She's Talking to the President of France

I find it a bit unsettling that a 44 year old woman constantly giggles like a 12 year old girl. And listening to the actual tape is much more enlightening than reading the transcript because the shock jocks use the most god-awful Pepe Le Pew accent during the interview.

Was it fake? It didn’t change after the reveal.

There’s a story on the pranksters where they say Brittney Spears and Palin are the only two that have never figured out they’re being pranked, although it isn’t clear how many they have pranked. As for the accent, they describe themselves as “Two stupid comedians with a bad French accent.”

I pretty much agree with mswas and Cisco. Yes, Palin is a total idiot and there is no way I want her as VP, but I’d cut her some slack on this one. She was probably exhausted from the campaign and doing her best to be upbeat and polite, possibly even thinking it was a prank but figuring “hanging up on the president of France after accusing him of a prank call = much, much worse than being polite to a prankster.”

Also, I am SO RELIEVED that this was done by Canadians. It would look like a very cruel trick by Democrats if Americans had done it and might have cost some votes.

Does Sarkozy speak English? Whenever I’ve seen him speaking to English-speaking leaders, he’s used a translator.

Do you realise that if she figured out it was a prank, she wouldn’t have been hanging up on the President of France?

I can’t help but wonder how much Palin actually understood. They were laying on the accent (as bad as it is) pretty thickly. There probably was a fair bit of politeness that was just because she wasn’t entirely sure what he was saying.

And do you realize that if there were any chance that she was wrong – even a 1% chance – the consequences would have been disastrous?

It’s easy to say “I would have just hung up!” if you have nothing to lose by doing so. That’s what people forget when they express condescension at the fact that she stayed on the line.

Obviously you have not heard the former Prime Minister of Canada … Jean Chretien could butcher the english language. To be honest Pepe Le Pew was easier to understand.

I think you guys feel bad for her only because you pity Sarah in general, not the kind of feeling a possible world leader should invoke. If this had happened to Biden even democrats would be laughing.

My thoughts exactly. I couldn’t enjoy the tape though I have no problem with laughing at Sarah Palin (hours of YouTube material) in general.

They fooled:French president Jacques Chirac, Pres. Sarkozy, QEII, the Pope, and others.

And she took it like a good sport.

Of course, she’s still the least qualified person nominated in quite a while.

I agree.

I really don’t like this, but I’m not a fan of practical jokes anyway.

PS - Go Obama!

The president of France also got pranked by these guys.

It would be tough to be put on the spot like that.

Nah. This close to the election it would take a much bigger surprise to sway people away from how they are already voting. Even if it was a month ago, I doubt this would sway anyone who didn’t already think Palin was an idiot.

As for myself, I’m not a Palin supporter, but I’d give her a break. I think it says more about the people who are in charge of vetting her calls than her.