Saw Rush in concert tonight, very impressive!

Heh, I forgot to mention the three commercial grade rotisserie chicken ovens they had onstage behind Geddy. They were kind of similar to this, maybe a bit shorter. They were lit up orange to look like they were on, but the fake chickens they had in there didn’t move. Washers and driers last tour, then rotisserie chicken ovens? Weird.

$8000 for a chicken roasting oven? No wonder the ticket was $129.50.

Hey, it started raining when I was there in 2004, too! It was during the 2nd set, and I was on the lawn getting wet, and I didn’t even care because I was just so glad to be there. Actually, truth be told, I kind of enjoy getting rained on these days. I grew up in western Washington (Vancouver), but I’ve lived on the dry side of the state for the last 24 years. It hardly ever rains here, and I have been seen on a number of occasions over the years, standing outside in shorts and tank top in the middle of a freak July downpour, just soaking it up :smiley:

I’m gonna take a guess and say the song was probably “Mission”, the first line of which is “Hold your fire - keep it burning bright …”

The bass line during the instrumental break on that song is harder than f*** to play.

Yeah, commercial kitchen equipment is damned expensive. I found out that it would cost ~$50k to replace the broken down POS dishwasher at the hotel restaurant I used to work in.

Wow, I saw Rush live the first time in, I think, 1978 (77?) on the Farewell to Kings tour. I saw them at least one time after that, then pretty much lost track of them around the time of Signals. Good to see folks are still liking them and they’re still rocking.

Of course I should have added a -> :wink: , but I don’t post often enough to think about it.

BaneSidhe - You could not even get lawn tickets? Seems to me that makes that a sold out show, simply amazing considering these types of venues. If you still have not seen Rush by the next time they come to Columbus (should that ever happen again), let me know and I will make sure you get a ticket.

And I’ll buy dinner. I’d like to see them in Columbus.