Scars are cool.

Wow, Reemul, that’s an amazing scar - almost artful in how it undulates across your body. I hope your recovery from the transplant is going well.

Mine are none too exotic and mostly on my hands:[ul][li]From barbed wire - left pinky and down the side of my hand. Very fine.[/li][li]From monkey bites - on the back of the right hand, fading.[/li][li]From dog bite/surgery - palm of right hand. Large, but the surgeon mostly followed the creases.[/li][li]From beer bottles - palm of right hand. Dad brought some beer back home and gave me the pack to carry in the house while he put the car in the garage. He didn’t see that I had my new skates on.[/li][li]And maybe one from a dachsund - on the top of my head. This was no flying dachsund. I was lying on the grass, playing with him and he got a little excited. I’ve had the last two for at least 40 years.[/li]A couple on one knee and one on the neck (mole removal).[/ul]Surprisingly, I don’t have scars underneath my eyes. I was badly sunburned when I was just a few months old, and developed large, grape-like blisters under my eyes. They healed fine, but my skin is thin and I can look like a raccoon when tired.

My scars are not all that interesting - c-sections, cooking, car, sports, illness and stupidity.

BUT it is a completely different case when it comes to my kids. They didn’t have scars of a noticable nature until they were two and three years old. I really feared the first case of taking a kid to get stitches. Now they are covered in scars and I am quite blase about it.

My oldest son has a couple of scars on his forehead. One from his third birthday when he was so excited he ran into the corner. The second runs across his forehead; he had fallen at school, had stitches and it looked great. His dad dropped him back home the morning the stitches came out; twenty minutes later son was back at doctor’s office because he pulled it open. When asked why the **** did he do that? “I wanted to see my brains.” He has at least two large scars on each knee; two because of birthday celebration excitement.

My youngest son: stitches and scar under chin from hitting the diving board, stitches/scar on forehead from slipping in bathroom,
stitches/small scar on lip from running into a wall at school.

My daughter: stitches/scar on hand from not paying attention with scissors, stitches/scar on lip from swing set accident.

mr kiffa has the most exotic scars:
. facial scar on left check from an open tin can lid. His folks didn’t have much money so they didn’t take it in to be stitched. It makes him look a bit rougish
. large scar from navel to pelvic bone. He was run over by a truck when he was 13. Pelvis broken, penis all torn up [it continues to work - see notes on his kids above]. There are additional scrape scars on his thighs.
. Large, deep scars on his knees. He was put into traction as the result of the run in with the truck; these scars are from the pins in his legs to hold him still. ouch.

1-Right hand index finger knuckle where the finger joins the hand from a well placed punch that broke my opponent’s nose and spalttered my knuckle.
2-Tip of my right thumb from a broken ketchup bottle
3-Tip of my left thumb from trying to cut a hose with a VERY sharp knife.
4-Palm of my left hand from a fall in the shower onto an upturned drain cover
5&6-Palm of my right hand where (TWICE!) my dog accidently bit me when he and I were trying to grab the ball first.
7-Back of my left hand between my index finger and thumb from a dog-bite received whilst trying to separate two fighting dogs.
8-Upper lip when my then-fiance’s dog snapped at my face when I stupidly blew at his nose.
9-Right side of my scalp, right in the part of my hair, from a rail that got knocked off the top of a signal-tower that I was climbing at scout-camp.
10-Upper right of my chest, near my collarbone, because of a mole that I had removed.
11-Lower right portion of my back from a spill on my bike.
12-Left side of my torso and underside of my left arm from another spill on another bike.
13-Backside of my left calf from a motorcycle accident.
14-Left knee from being hit by a car while riding my NEW 10-speed bike!
15&16&17-Broken nose from a metal bed, a fight with my brother (a boxer!), and a hospital floor when I stood up too early on a broken knee.

That’s all I can think of for now.

Long thin scar that runs from the base of my big toe, up to where my foot becomes my leg. My brother threw a knife-edged spatula at me… I deserved it.

Small chin nick, where I fell head-first into a fish pond.

Small forehead nick, where I fell head-first into an old steel-edged bed (my brother was chasing me)

Large facial scar on left cheek, from a car accident. Used to be from eye, to mouth, to jawline, and almost to my ear, but after four operations, it’s shrunken and rearranged into a line that follows my smile, to be less noticeable. This one is not cool.