Screw-with-the-mind movies?

I’m looking for some more movies that deal with the theme of what happens if part of your mind is broken or altered. Rather than try to explain what I mean by that in detail, the two movies that prompted this were Memento and Dark City. Any suggestions for other movies that hit similar themes? I’m thinking of making a good but strange night of DVD-watching.

I’d suggest either Memento, or Dark City.

What?

For real. Try Terry Gilliam’s Brazil.

I am not sure if it is relevant but K-Pax is a brilliant film that…

…deals with a dellusional. (or a catatonic posessed by an alien. The film leaves this choice open to the audience)

I have a strange fascination for mental institutions (specifically the people in then) and films that depict them. It’s not a point and laugh fascination, more a deep curiosity fascination. I almost wish I became a psychiatrist.

Try Jacob’s Ladder

Twelve Monkeys is good, another Terry Gilliam.

I had a really good one, but after reading through these very few posts, i seem to have lost the idea.
Oh well, maybe it’ll come back to me. Damn short attention span.

I never saw the movies mentioned in the OP, so I do not know if this applies, but how about “The Manchurian Candidate”?

Donnie Darko.

Mulholland Drive , like most David Lynch films, is guaranteed to screw with your mind. Of course, like most of his films again, you can interpret what happens in so many ways it’s not funny.

The Game.

For a anime flick that will leave ya stunned get one called the professional aka glogo 13

The final 10 minutes of it will make the before part more shocking than it already is …

Useless fact : the main character is notable for being probably the only console game “top secret episode” where the character has a active sex life

Oops misread the op kill my post heh … I didnt see he had some thing specific in mind …

Do NOT watch Snake Eyes. It tries to do exactly what you’re looking for, and fails miserably. :slight_smile:

Or, just watch the first 15 minutes for a terrific unbroken shot opening.

It’s best not to pay for it though.

Eraserhead

altered by drugs - see ‘Naked Lunch’ (or ‘spice girls the movie’)

Off the top of my head in no particular order:

Vanilla Sky
Fight Club
The Matrix
Unforgettable
Total Recall
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

that’s about all I can think of

Pi is excellent and odd. I’ve watched it several times.

A Beautiful Mind is not so good.

Pi.