Scroll Bar Doesn't Work

I’m not sure if it a browser issue or an issue with the site, but the scroll bar on the drop down menu for “Forum Jump” no longer works for me. The window opens but with the newer forums added, I can’t see the BBQ Pit, so I have to scroll down to jump to it.

Maybe there is a way to resize the window to make it larger, but I don’t know how to do it.

As of now, to get to the Pit, I have to go to the main page and go from there. This started happening earlier this month.

It’s fine here on my computer. I’m using Firefox 26 on Windows 7. What browser are you using? And have you recently installed any addons or made any settings changes? Or even installed any new programs?

As a workaround, you may be able to use your mouse to scroll it. Click and hold on one of the options and then drag the cursor down below the options. That should force the list to scroll down to the bottom. Release the mouse button while the cursor is outside the list, and then click your desired option.

I’ll leave figuring out how to scroll up as an exercise to the user.

BTW, I’m assuming you’ve tried the basics: refresh the page, full reset the page (Ctrl-F5), restart your browser, restart your computer, clear your cache. If not, try each in that order, checking each time to see if it fixes the problem.

Are you using Chrome? A lot of people have reported assorted scrollbar problems since a recent update in Chrome, but I think there’s an extension to return things to the way they were before.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=712667&highlight=scrollbar

FWIW, it works for me on Chrome, Windows 7, with the update that removes the arrows, and no extensions to fix it.